Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Rudi
03-25-1998, 12:25 AM
Hi, while I'm waiting for my ///M to arrive(3/30 build date) I've been checking for insurance rates and none of the companies have the M listed yet. How are you you other M-guys getting them insured ? ... as 2.8 Z3's ? thnx

Darren
03-25-1998, 12:44 AM
Check a little further down the board. I posted a messages called "2.8 Insurance Ratez".<p>-Darren<p><br><i>: Hi, while I'm waiting for my ///M to arrive(3/30 build date) I've been checking for insurance rates and none of the companies have the M listed yet. How are you you other M-guys getting them insured ? ... as 2.8 Z3's ? thnx<p></i>

Rudi
03-25-1998, 03:31 AM
followed that thread, but didn't see any reference to ///M's. The prob is noone can find a rate for it. I'm not sure how to insure it(not how much). thnx :)<p><br><i>: Check a little further down the board. I posted a messages called "2.8 Insurance Ratez".<p>: -Darren<p>: <br>: : Hi, while I'm waiting for my ///M to arrive(3/30 build date) I've been checking for insurance rates and none of the companies have the M listed yet. How are you you other M-guys getting them insured ? ... as 2.8 Z3's ? thnx<p></i>

Calvin
03-25-1998, 06:22 AM
<i>: Hi, while I'm waiting for my ///M to arrive(3/30 build date) I've been checking for insurance rates and none of the companies have the M listed yet. How are you you other M-guys getting them insured ? ... as 2.8 Z3's ? thnx<p></i><br>Same problem here... Said I needed a VIN to get a rate... They just offered the 2.8 rate. <br>Our car will be pretty close... My build date is 3/27!!!<p>Calvin

Keith
03-25-1998, 06:53 AM
Seems the insurance industry is slow to react. The symbol number should be the same as the 2.8 or very close anyway. What will change eventually is the classification add on. I think there are four; sport, intermediate sport, high performance sport, and suv. When I bought my M3 which replaced my 325is I was told the symbol would only change from 25 to 26, I therefore thought not much of an increase. Boy was I wrong, seems the M3 is a "high performance sport" and they hit me for a 50% increase. Hurt so bad I sold the car a year later and bought the Z3 2.8. Which by the way is 850 less the insure than the M3 and more fun anyway. So look out for the add on to the symbol number. I expect the MZ3 would be about 500 or more higher than the 2.8 when the insurance industry catches up.<p>

Sam
03-25-1998, 08:44 AM
<i>: Hi, while I'm waiting for my ///M to arrive(3/30 build date) I've been checking for insurance rates and none of the companies have the M listed yet. How are you you other M-guys getting them insured ? ... as 2.8 Z3's ? thnx<p><br></i>

Calvin
03-25-1998, 08:53 AM
<i>: Hi, while I'm waiting for my ///M to arrive(3/30 build date) I've been checking for insurance rates and none of the companies have the M listed yet. How are you you other M-guys getting them insured ? ... as 2.8 Z3's ? thnx<p></i><br>I called my insurance co., Metropolitan... I gave them the VIN that Bruce posted (thanks)... Didn't help, still had no reference. So Keith's point about an increase could be true... Anyway they quoted me $386/ 6 months. This is as a pleasure vehicle, 3rd car on policy, married, no tix.<p>Calvin - Artic Silver/Imola Red,Black/Black M - Pickup 4/25

Robert
03-25-1998, 09:29 AM
<font color=gray>car will be pretty close... My build date is 3/27!!!<p>: Calvin</font><p>My salesman said he doesn't get build dates, just ship dates. He tells me mine will SHIP 3/27, if our salesman are looking at the same report then we might be right next to each other.<p>Out of curiousity, what is the build date? The date they start building or the day they stop building.

Calvin
03-25-1998, 10:53 AM
<i>: <font color=gray>car will be pretty close... My build date is 3/27!!!<p>: : Calvin</font><p>: My salesman said he doesn't get build dates, just ship dates. He tells me mine will SHIP 3/27, if our salesman are looking at the same report then we might be right next to each other.<p>: Out of curiousity, what is the build date? The date they start building or the day they stop building.<p></i><br>Robert, that could be... The date is apparently what's on my sheet that the dealer gets... Don't know what 3/27 date is. Our cars could be line mates!!! You have an artic silver one also, right? <br>My build date assumption would be when the VIN number is assigned, based on my experience here.<p>One more thing... Is there a hotel in Nashville defined yet for the big gathering?<p>Calvin - I'll be picking up my M on 4/25... One more month!!!!

Alan
03-25-1998, 11:37 AM
I'm also getting an arctic silver M. According to my salesman, the date he has for my car is 3/28, and that is the date it is released from the factory. At that point, it either goes immediately onto a truck, or it sits in a lot for an undertermined amount of time at the plant until they put it on a truck. After the release date, no other dates show up on the computer until the car arrives at the dealership. He said it takes 4 days once it is put on the truck to arrive here. He said all he can do once the release date has come and gone is to call every day to find out if they have put it on a truck yet.<p><br>--Alan

Robert
03-25-1998, 11:42 AM
<font color=gray>I'm also getting an arctic silver M. According to my salesman, the date he has for my car is 3/28, and that is the date it is released from the factory. At that point, it either goes immediately onto a truck, or it sits in a lot for an undertermined amount of time at the plant until they put it on a truck. After the release date, no other dates show up on the computer until the car arrives at the dealership. He said it takes 4 days once it is put on the truck to arrive here. He said all he can do once the release date has come and gone is to call every day to find out if they have put it on a truck yet.<p>: <br>: --Alan<p></font><p>Alan, should we start planning another drive in late april since we are both going to just misout this drive.

Alan
03-25-1998, 12:43 PM
<i>: Alan, should we start planning another drive in late april since we are both going to just misout this drive.</i><p>Sounds good to me. We also need to plan on getting our cars broken in soon so you can come down and go to a driving school at TWS with me and probably Bruce!<p><br>--Alan

Alan
03-25-1998, 01:37 PM
<i>: I'm also getting an arctic silver M. According to my salesman, the date he has for my car is 3/28, and that is the date it is released from the factory.</i><p>Sorry, I'm having one of those days. That should say 3/31 is the day it is being released from the factory.<p><br>--Alan

Michael W
03-25-1998, 11:56 PM
<i>: : Hi, while I'm waiting for my ///M to arrive(3/30 build date) I've been checking for insurance rates and none of the companies have the M listed yet. How are you you other M-guys getting them insured ? ... as 2.8 Z3's ? thnx<p><br></i>

George
03-26-1998, 12:01 AM
My M cost me $492/6 months from Allstate here in Northern Virgina.<p>I'm 38, married, no kids, no tickets or claims, 3rd car plus house on policy, $200 deductible.<p>Recent comment from mortgage broker was that my home insurance was "very high". I suspect I'm not getting a good deal based on what other people have posted. So I plan to shop around next month.<p>But they didn't have a problem with using the VIN to get a quote generated. Of course they might have just made it up on the fly.<br>

Jason
03-27-1998, 10:17 PM
<i>: My M cost me $492/6 months from Allstate here in Northern Virgina.</i><p>That does it. I'm telling Anne about the mirror and truck incident.<p>-Jason ($534 for 6 mos. Northern Virginia, 29, no kids, 3rd car)<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index