Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Faranak
03-25-1998, 03:34 AM
How can I take off those annoying visor stickers?

RichC
03-25-1998, 08:03 AM
<i>: How can I take off those annoying visor stickers?<p></i><br>The FAQ suggests Goof-off, others have suggested other chemicals. Several of us have just used paint or markers to <i>blank</i> them out. I used permanent magic marker (like a Magnum 44 available from any art store) and am happy with the results. The warnings in the FAQ sounded rather dire (especially the part where you think you've ruined your visor. I think Dan, or someone else actually ended up having to buy a new visor and ended up painting out the sticker.<p>

the Baba
03-25-1998, 10:00 AM
<i>: : How can I take off those annoying visor stickers?<p>: <br>: The FAQ suggests Goof-off, others have suggested other chemicals. Several of us have just used paint or markers to blank them out. I used permanent magic marker (like a Magnum 44 available from any art store) and am happy with the results. The warnings in the FAQ sounded rather dire (especially the part where you think you've ruined your visor. I think Dan, or someone else actually ended up having to buy a new visor and ended up painting out the sticker.<p></i><p>The FAQ instructions were from me! The originator was Joan I think! Doc, I believe, used something other than Goof-Off! Goof-Off works quite well, but is slow and tedious (15 mins. to 1/2 hr. per visor. It does make the visors look like you ruint them, but they shrink back up real good and you can't tell that they were ever melty-lookin'! Someone else suggested de-natured alcohol worked just as good, but was not so scary! My stickers have been gone since the 3rd day I had the car! You can't tell they were ever there! Visors look pristine-mint and have not shown any ill-effects, post-removal! Cover-ups are just cover-ups! You gotta get the stickers (really vinyl silk-screens!) off, if you want a clean look! When Terry Ligget comes this weekend, I'll ask him to pix the visors and show y'all how nice they look!<p>Still photographically challenged....... <p><B><FONT COLOR=#0909FF><FONT FACE="Comic Sans MS"><FONT SIZE="3"><FONT COLOR="#8000FF">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9200DB">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#A400B7">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#B60093"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#C8006F">B</FONT><FONT COLOR="#DA004B">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#EC0027">b</FONT><FONT COLOR="#FE0003">a</FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT><br>'97 Z3 2.8, <FONT COLOR=#C0C0C0>Arctic Silver</FONT>, Black x3, 17’s, CD, <I><FONT COLOR=#0000FF>H</FONT><FONT COLOR=#4C004C>M</FONT><FONT COLOR=#FF0000>S</FONT></I> ‘bar and Windscreen, Modified Mike K. Exhaust System: Borla Turbo Muffler & Inter-Cooled Tips, <FONT COLOR=#144C14>DINAN stuff</FONT>, V-1, K&S "Z"ube®™, etc. Powered by SHINER’S</FONT> </B><p>

Robert
03-25-1998, 10:05 AM
<font face=arial>When I originally bought my 1.9 it didn't have any nasty warning stickers (Oct '96). Now I'm driving a dealer loaner that has all the warning stickers. Some wording on the big yellow sticker on the glove box caught my eye. I'm paraphrasing but basically it said "dont put kids in the front seat, put them in the back seat". Obviously a lot of thought went into this sticker.

Wade
03-25-1998, 10:28 AM
<i>: <font face=arial>When I originally bought my 1.9 it didn't have any nasty warning stickers (Oct '96). Now I'm driving a dealer loaner that has all the warning stickers. Some wording on the big yellow sticker on the glove box caught my eye. I'm paraphrasing but basically it said "dont put kids in the front seat, put them in the back seat". Obviously a lot of thought went into this sticker.<p></i>

Terry
03-25-1998, 12:31 PM
<i>: <font face=arial>When I originally bought my 1.9 it didn't have any nasty warning stickers (Oct '96). Now I'm driving a dealer loaner that has all the warning stickers. Some wording on the big yellow sticker on the glove box caught my eye. I'm paraphrasing but basically it said "dont put kids in the front seat, put them in the back seat". Obviously a lot of thought went into this sticker.<p></i><p>I only got one sticker on the door jam. When I want to avoid the barfly with kids I just show 'er the sticker and explain apologetically that it's illegal to carry women with kids in the car.<br>Terry ;-)

Scott
03-25-1998, 01:25 PM
<i>: How can I take off those annoying visor stickers?<p></i><p>Just a question... My dealer said it was illegal to remove those labels, and essentially make it "illegal" to re-sell the car without them.<p>This sounds like so much garbage; has anyone else heard of this?<p>Scott<br>

Alan
03-25-1998, 01:51 PM

Keith
03-25-1998, 04:10 PM
<i>On Boxster.dot.org, in coordination with Porsche Pete's Boxster Board there is a a very good FAQ which, in addition to Boxster related information, contains a lot of good generic information for care of fine German autos. The suggestion there is isopropyl alcohol and elbow grease on the airbag stickers. Worked for me.<br></i>

Doc
03-25-1998, 07:19 PM
<i>: How can I take off those annoying visor stickers?<p></i>Yup easy on those visor stickers...new visors are 48 bucks a pop!!Take it from 1 who knows....The good news is the replacement didn't have the yellow sticker :>)

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index