Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Anthony [99 Z3 Coupe 2.8]
03-30-1999, 12:06 PM
A while back I had asked if other Z3 Coupe 2.8 owners had the chrome "Coupe" logo door side board like I used to have on<br>my roadster (except it obviously said "roadster").<p>Well, to my dismay the response was that others had this on theirs. My car has a plain black door side board (doesn't look bad,<br>just not as cool as the "coupe" logo). This last week, I asked my service advisor about this, and said that I expect it should be<br>provided as it is supposed to equipment on the car.<p>He talked with the BMW NA rep, and the rep denied it saying that equipment on cars can change. I'm thinking my car might<br>have been an early production run or something before they printed out the door pieces.<p>Well they are only $60 each, and my service advisor says he will not charge me for labor, but what do you think? Are there are<br>any other Z3 Coupe 2.8 owners that just got the black side boards? I guess it's no big deal, but it seems BMW should provide<br>these to me free of charge.<p>-Anthony<br>BMWCCA Member, Peachtree Chapter<br>99 Z3 Coupe 2.8<br>ex 96 Z3 Roadster 1.9

RichC
03-30-1999, 12:43 PM
Anthony - just an opinion. There's some new stuff that comes out every year and if you read the brochures, BMW reserves the right to change equipment levels at any time. For instance, the 98's had roll hoops (sigh... ok $600 later I got roll hoops) the 99's had cargo nets ($28 later, I got cargo nets) etc. etc. The most reasonable thing they could offer is to give them to you at a discount (BMWCCA usually buys you 20% anyway).<p>$30 per side for the sill protectors (I think that's what you're talking about) is actually pretty inexpensive. Aftermarkets for the Miatas run anywhere from $15 to $120.<p>- rich

03-30-1999, 02:04 PM
Yea, I guess. It is $60 per side, not $30 though. I heard of an M Roadster being delivered without an antena one time! They didn't even drill the whole for it. I'm sure they paid for that one.<p>I was thinking that I wanted to keep my car absolutely bone stock, so if I get the sill protectors, would that be an upgrade then? <g><p>-Anthony<p><i>: Anthony - just an opinion. There's some new stuff that comes out every year and if you read the brochures, BMW reserves the right to change equipment levels at any time. For instance, the 98's had roll hoops (sigh... ok $600 later I got roll hoops) the 99's had cargo nets ($28 later, I got cargo nets) etc. etc. The most reasonable thing they could offer is to give them to you at a discount (BMWCCA usually buys you 20% anyway).<p>: $30 per side for the sill protectors (I think that's what you're talking about) is actually pretty inexpensive. Aftermarkets for the Miatas run anywhere from $15 to $120.<p>: - rich<p></i>

Norm
03-30-1999, 05:25 PM
<i>: A while back I had asked if other Z3 Coupe 2.8 owners had the chrome "Coupe" logo door side board like I used to have on<br>: my roadster (except it obviously said "roadster").<p>: Well, to my dismay the response was that others had this on theirs. My car has a plain black door side board (doesn't look bad,<br>: just not as cool as the "coupe" logo). This last week, I asked my service advisor about this, and said that I expect it should be<br>: provided as it is supposed to equipment on the car.<p>: He talked with the BMW NA rep, and the rep denied it saying that equipment on cars can change. I'm thinking my car might<br>: have been an early production run or something before they printed out the door pieces.<p>: Well they are only $60 each, and my service advisor says he will not charge me for labor, but what do you think? Are there are<br>: any other Z3 Coupe 2.8 owners that just got the black side boards? I guess it's no big deal, but it seems BMW should provide<br>: these to me free of charge.<p>: -Anthony<br>: BMWCCA Member, Peachtree Chapter<br>: 99 Z3 Coupe 2.8<br>: ex 96 Z3 Roadster 1.9 <p></i>Anthony, curious what your production date was ,ours was built 3rd week of Oct. It does have Coupe on door sill. Please dont forget us on the vidio from BMW.

03-30-1999, 06:35 PM
I'll check in the AM.<p>You mean the CD? Was that you? I'm so SORRY. It totally slipped my mind. I've been swamped with work lately.<p>I should have a chance to send it tommorow. If it's not a bother send me an <a href="mailto:atanas@worldnet.att.net">email </a> to remind me.<p>And then remind me again. :)<p>-Anthony<p><i><br>: Anthony, curious what your production date was ,ours was built 3rd week of Oct. It does have Coupe on door sill. Please dont forget us on the vidio from BMW.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index