Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

HP
03-30-1999, 04:45 PM
Greetings!<br>I just wanna say that I've been lurking on this and the roadster forum for a few weeks. I'm driving a '97 GTI VR6 now with a few mods but ever since I saw an Estoril Blue M Coupe at the San Jose Auto Show, I couldn't wait to get one. I've actually driven a 2.8 Coupe at SF BMW and was already impressed. I won't get my coupe until later in the year(if I can wait!) so for now, I'm soaking up all info I can and relish in the anticipation.<p>-- Hunpin<br>'97 GTI VR6, future ///M Coupe owner

Anthony [99 Z3 Coupe 2.8]
03-30-1999, 06:29 PM
I've got a friend with the same car. That is a FAST car. It is only a half a second slower (I beleive) then the Z3 Coupe 2.8 in 0-60.<p>The first time my friend and I drag raced, I got a bad start AND had the traction control and only barely beat him.<p>I've driven his car a few times. Handlings pretty good, especially cornering. The suspension is soft, but I think it'll do what you want it to even so.<p>Well welcome to our new board!!!<p>-Anthony<p><br><i>: Greetings!<br>: I just wanna say that I've been lurking on this and the roadster forum for a few weeks. I'm driving a '97 GTI VR6 now with a few mods but ever since I saw an Estoril Blue M Coupe at the San Jose Auto Show, I couldn't wait to get one. I've actually driven a 2.8 Coupe at SF BMW and was already impressed. I won't get my coupe until later in the year(if I can wait!) so for now, I'm soaking up all info I can and relish in the anticipation.<p>: -- Hunpin<br>: '97 GTI VR6, future ///M Coupe owner<p></i>

HP
03-31-1999, 12:44 PM
Thanks! My VR6 is a lot of fun to drive and I've pushed it real hard. The suspension from the factory was a joke so I got Spax adjustable units installed. With the Spax, the ride is harsher but the handling was vastly improved.<p>Still, the VR6 makes the GTI very nose heavy and I'm a little tired of wrestling the steering wheel each time I gun it out of a turn. Front wheel traction is also a major problem.<p>Before the VR6, I owned a 318is and I think I prefer a rear wheel drive car. After test driving the 2.8 Coupe, I was convinced that it was time to go back to a rear drive car and also do it in style - ///M Coupe.<p>I think the Z3 Coupe has some of the combined characters of a 911(bulging fenders) and a Viper(long hood short tail). Everything about this car just says "Ultimate Driving Machine"!<p>-- Hunpin<br>'97 GTI VR6, future ///M Coupe owner<p><i>: I've got a friend with the same car. That is a FAST car. It is only a half a second slower (I beleive) then the Z3 Coupe 2.8 in 0-60.<p>: The first time my friend and I drag raced, I got a bad start AND had the traction control and only barely beat him.<p>: I've driven his car a few times. Handlings pretty good, especially cornering. The suspension is soft, but I think it'll do what you want it to even so.<p>: Well welcome to our new board!!!<p>: -Anthony<br></i>

Doug
03-31-1999, 02:57 PM
HP -<p>Don't know if ya caught the link at the end of my post regarding the "Luring Z3 MCoupe" ... but if you didn't, check out what I will be setting aside (NOT selling; it's too much fun!) when I get my coupe: http://www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/nitroacid/readers/dougm.htm<br>... as you will see, I like hatchbacks too!<br>Take care,<br>Doug

Anthony [99 Z3 Coupe 2.8]
03-31-1999, 03:10 PM
<i>: Thanks! My VR6 is a lot of fun to drive and I've pushed it real hard. The suspension from the factory was a joke so I got Spax adjustable units installed. With the Spax, the ride is harsher but the handling was vastly improved.<p>: Still, the VR6 makes the GTI very nose heavy and I'm a little tired of wrestling the steering wheel each time I gun it out of a turn. Front wheel traction is also a major problem.<p>: Before the VR6, I owned a 318is and I think I prefer a rear wheel drive car. After test driving the 2.8 Coupe, I was convinced that it was time to go back to a rear drive car and also do it in style - ///M Coupe.<p>: I think the Z3 Coupe has some of the combined characters of a 911(bulging fenders) and a Viper(long hood short tail). Everything about this car just says "Ultimate Driving Machine"!<p>: -- Hunpin<br>: '97 GTI VR6, future ///M Coupe owner<p>: : I've got a friend with the same car. That is a FAST car. It is only a half a second slower (I beleive) then the Z3 Coupe 2.8 in 0-60.<p>: : The first time my friend and I drag raced, I got a bad start AND had the traction control and only barely beat him.<p>: : I've driven his car a few times. Handlings pretty good, especially cornering. The suspension is soft, but I think it'll do what you want it to even so.<p>: : Well welcome to our new board!!!<p>: : -Anthony<p></i>

HP
03-31-1999, 04:34 PM
Yes, I did check out that link and it is one hell of a flying box! I happen to also like hatchbacks - they're just so practical.<p>I think the hatch really accentuates the rear quarters of the coupe, which in my opinion, is the best looking part of the car.<p>Like many people, when I saw the first pictures of the coupe, I couldn't understand where BMW was going with it but as soon as I saw the car in person, it just became clear - the Z3 Coupe is to be appreciated in person. One can't just look at it - one has to walk around the car and examine it from any possible angle.<p>-- Hunpin<p><i>: HP -<p>: Don't know if ya caught the link at the end of my post regarding the "Luring Z3 MCoupe" ... but if you didn't, check out what I will be setting aside (NOT selling; it's too much fun!) when I get my coupe: http://www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/nitroacid/readers/dougm.htm<br>: ... as you will see, I like hatchbacks too!<br>: Take care,<br>: Doug <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index