Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

BMVW
03-31-1999, 08:49 AM
People who post on the 3-series message board see me occasionally. I'm a BMW lover who's just a few years too short of cash to spend it all on a Bimmer; but I'm also a newcomer to Volkswagen fanaticism. Thus the name! =-)<p>My current car is a '94 Acura Integra, which is an absolute blast to get around in. I've an opportunity to sell it to my brother, however, and the one car I've my eyes on is the new '99 VW GTI VR6. I've test driven a couple, and it's just awesome. Talk about a smooth, fast engine!<p>On the other hand, I still can't help but to love BMW, and I for one see the M and Z3 Coupes as beautiful cars. I've a real soft spot for sporty hatchbacks (obviously), and this one's the coolest out there. But it's also a far cry above my wallet's current bulge, so I'll have to wait a bit.<p>Oh well... they say the good things in life are worth the wait.<p>BMVW

Anthony [99 Z3 Coupe 2.8]
03-31-1999, 03:15 PM
First of all I would highly recommend the new GTI VR6, after reading some favorable reviews. It deftly spanked the Civic Si in a comparison.<p>Let me suggest this however. Get a pre-owned 318ti Club Sport (DON'T FORGET THE SPORT).<p>Cool look, great handling, not superly powered, BUT, with the money you save (you can get a '95 for < $15K) get a sebring supercharger (2.9K for that model), and some suspension upgrades.<p>That would really be cool. Consider that.<p>-Anthony<p><i>: People who post on the 3-series message board see me occasionally. I'm a BMW lover who's just a few years too short of cash to spend it all on a Bimmer; but I'm also a newcomer to Volkswagen fanaticism. Thus the name! =-)<p>: My current car is a '94 Acura Integra, which is an absolute blast to get around in. I've an opportunity to sell it to my brother, however, and the one car I've my eyes on is the new '99 VW GTI VR6. I've test driven a couple, and it's just awesome. Talk about a smooth, fast engine!<p>: On the other hand, I still can't help but to love BMW, and I for one see the M and Z3 Coupes as beautiful cars. I've a real soft spot for sporty hatchbacks (obviously), and this one's the coolest out there. But it's also a far cry above my wallet's current bulge, so I'll have to wait a bit.<p>: Oh well... they say the good things in life are worth the wait.<p>: BMVW<p></i>

Kris
04-06-1999, 09:32 AM
That R&T test was a joke! Comparing the 17K Civic to the 23K Golf. Try comparing like to like, how about the Golf vs the Prelude. I'll take my Lude in white please.<p>Kris - Toyota MR-2 Turbo owner

CoupeDude
04-12-1999, 04:34 PM
<i>: That R&T test was a joke! Comparing the 17K Civic to the 23K Golf. Try comparing like to like, how about the Golf vs the Prelude. I'll take my Lude in white please.<p>: Kris - Toyota MR-2 Turbo owner<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index