Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Anthony [99 Z3 Coupe 2.8]
03-31-1999, 04:38 PM
Cops don't like to stand outside in the rain, and so you can get away with a lot more. They don't usually hide in the rain either waiting to catch you.<p>At the BMWCCA autocross a couple of weeks ago it was raining. I was expecting to slip and slide all over the place (actually I was looking forward to it), but the coupe was surprising neutral with tremendous grip.<p>As a matter of fact, I TRIED to get the car to slide and spin, and could not do it. How do I get it into oversteer?<p>Another thing I've noticed is that the ASC will let you kick out the end quit a bit, but will still catch it, so it's fun to slam it into a curve and then floor it. Today I took a ninety degree turn into a big puddle with a huge sideways splash. I wish I could have seen it from the outside. I'll need to get such a photo for the upcomeing Coupe Dreams e-zine.<p>Performance driving: It's not for just for dry weather anymore. :)<p>(Ya, ya, I'm carefull. I make sure I have <i>plenty</i> of error room.)<p>-Anthony

Mr M Coupe
03-31-1999, 07:53 PM
The best thing about a performance car with rear-wheel drive is the oversteer.... Especially the power oversteer...<br>Try to hang the rear of the car in the car to a point where all four tires are drifting and then you can appreciate the rigidness of the coupe....<br>Some people try to hide in the rain, but not me..<br>I try to find open spaces where I keep the car balanced with the throttle(Steering fully locked)..<br>It is the best thing about driving..... or shall I say DRIFTING...... <br>Yes for coupes... and yes for power... <br>^^_^^

Scott N
03-31-1999, 07:57 PM
<i><br></i>

Anthony [99 Z3 Coupe 2.8]
04-01-1999, 01:24 AM
Patience. You will be rewarded. :)<p>-Anthony<p><i><br></i>

Scott N
04-01-1999, 01:10 PM
Definitely. I fully intend on keeping this car, and want it broken in properly (I used to be an import mechanic in the 70's).<br>I'll hit 1200 miles today. I'll start easing the tach up over the next few thousand miles.<br>This car is a rush!<br>-s

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index