Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

HP
04-01-1999, 01:48 PM
Just curious about the type of go fast mods that each of you have on your M/2.8 Coupes.<p>Does anyone know if a multi-throttle body intake is available for the U.S. spec 3.2L engine? I know the U.S. 3.2L motor is an entirely different beast than the Euro 3.2L but is there a possibility that the Euro multi-throttle body intake might fit on the U.S. motor?<p>-- Hunpin

Brann
04-01-1999, 02:52 PM
goto www.axiomrace.com <p>They've got all kinds of goodies, including multiple throttle bodies specially made or modified for the US 3.2L engine.

HP
04-01-1999, 07:20 PM
I just called them up. The price is <$4k but it's only for OBD-I cars. The price doesn't include the airbox. The Hamann M Coupe article in EC showed a real nice carbon fibre airbox that feeds into a multiple throttle body intake.<p>Someone's gotta be able to come up with an OBD-II version. Just imagine getting another 30-40 hp...<p><i>: goto www.axiomrace.com <p>: They've got all kinds of goodies, including multiple throttle bodies specially made or modified for the US 3.2L engine. <p></i>

Brann
04-01-1999, 10:03 PM
<i>They don't have a whole lot of info in their catalog, though.<p>www.bekkers.com<p>You might not have a whole lot of luck as far as OBD-II goes. Might be better off waiting for the supposed 3.4L 340hp monster that's supposed to be coming in the E46 M3 and the other M cars.<br></i>

HP
04-02-1999, 01:31 PM
<i>Thanks! I just checked them out - they seem to have a lot of interesting stuff. Will be calling them soon to find out more.<p>The reason why I'm putting of my purchase till later in the year is to wait for more info on the E46 M3 engine specs and whether BMW will be putting it into the M Coupe.<p>: They don't have a whole lot of info in their catalog, though.<p>: www.bekkers.com<p>: You might not have a whole lot of luck as far as OBD-II goes. Might be better off waiting for the supposed 3.4L 340hp monster that's supposed to be coming in the E46 M3 and the other M cars.<p><br></i>

Cheuk in Seoul
04-03-1999, 12:02 PM
<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index