Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Anthony [99 Z3 Coupe 2.8]
04-01-1999, 04:04 PM
I was in court today for two tickets, one speeding 85 in a 55 (first Coupe ticket), the other for not using my turn signal (bogus ticket, people not using their turn signal is my pet peve.)<p>Before I get into how I "beat" the ticket let me go ahead and berate the City of Atlanta court system. The balif made me take off my BMW hat when I entered the court room. Bastard.<p>Ok, here is what happened. I missed my original court date (just forgot), and got it rescheduled. I went today and the cop wasn't in court so they through out the tickets!!<p>So my suggestion is to reschedule your court appearance. I bet the officer is more likely to make a date that s/he assigns you, so if you reschedule then they are probably less likely to be there.<p>I'm going to try this with a pending ticket that I currently have (60 in a 35).<p>A couple of weeks ago I beat another ticket in Atlanta, because lasers were found to be inaccurate (90 in a 65). <-Last ticket in my roadster. However a couple of months before I got convicted for 90 in a 55. Ouch.<p>After writing this post, I get the feeling that perhaps I should slow down. ;) Are Coupe's not the easiest cars to speed in, even when you don't intend to?<p>-Anthony<br>99 Z3 Coupe 2.8

HP
04-01-1999, 05:20 PM
I got cited for doing 80(I was going even faster!) on a 65 just a week ago and I'm still trying to figure out how to fight the ticket. I've read all over about the rescheduling of the court appearance so I'm gonna try that.<p>For now, I'm trying to form the habit of being conservative whenever I'm on the freeway because that's how I got my last three tickets. And hopefully when I get the Coupe, I'll know better than to be caught speeding on the freeway in an obviously fast car.<p><i>: I was in court today for two tickets, one speeding 85 in a 55 (first Coupe ticket), the other for not using my turn signal (bogus ticket, people not using their turn signal is my pet peve.)<p>: Before I get into how I "beat" the ticket let me go ahead and berate the City of Atlanta court system. The balif made me take off my BMW hat when I entered the court room. Bastard.<p>: Ok, here is what happened. I missed my original court date (just forgot), and got it rescheduled. I went today and the cop wasn't in court so they through out the tickets!!<p>: So my suggestion is to reschedule your court appearance. I bet the officer is more likely to make a date that s/he assigns you, so if you reschedule then they are probably less likely to be there.<p>: I'm going to try this with a pending ticket that I currently have (60 in a 35).<p>: A couple of weeks ago I beat another ticket in Atlanta, because lasers were found to be inaccurate (90 in a 65). <-Last ticket in my roadster. However a couple of months before I got convicted for 90 in a 55. Ouch.<p>: After writing this post, I get the feeling that perhaps I should slow down. ;) Are Coupe's not the easiest cars to speed in, even when you don't intend to?<p>: -Anthony<br>: 99 Z3 Coupe 2.8<p></i>

Gilbert
04-01-1999, 06:21 PM
<i>: I was in court today for two tickets, one speeding 85 in a 55 (first Coupe ticket), the other for not using my turn signal (bogus ticket, people not using their turn signal is my pet peve.)<p>: Before I get into how I "beat" the ticket let me go ahead and berate the City of Atlanta court system. The balif made me take off my BMW hat when I entered the court room. Bastard.<p>: Ok, here is what happened. I missed my original court date (just forgot), and got it rescheduled. I went today and the cop wasn't in court so they through out the tickets!!<p>: So my suggestion is to reschedule your court appearance. I bet the officer is more likely to make a date that s/he assigns you, so if you reschedule then they are probably less likely to be there.<p>: I'm going to try this with a pending ticket that I currently have (60 in a 35).<p>: A couple of weeks ago I beat another ticket in Atlanta, because lasers were found to be inaccurate (90 in a 65). <-Last ticket in my roadster. However a couple of months before I got convicted for 90 in a 55. Ouch.<p>: After writing this post, I get the feeling that perhaps I should slow down. ;) Are Coupe's not the easiest cars to speed in, even when you don't intend to?<p>: -Anthony<br>: 99 Z3 Coupe 2.8<p></i>

04-01-1999, 06:40 PM
They'll always notice the car, then they'll of course notice that your speeding. Lets all come clean. If you drive a Coupe you speed.<p>-Anthony<p><i>: I got cited for doing 80(I was going even faster!) on a 65 just a week ago and I'm still trying to figure out how to fight the ticket. I've read all over about the rescheduling of the court appearance so I'm gonna try that.<p>: For now, I'm trying to form the habit of being conservative whenever I'm on the freeway because that's how I got my last three tickets. And hopefully when I get the Coupe, I'll know better than to be caught speeding on the freeway in an obviously fast car.<p>: : I was in court today for two tickets, one speeding 85 in a 55 (first Coupe ticket), the other for not using my turn signal (bogus ticket, people not using their turn signal is my pet peve.)<p>: : Before I get into how I "beat" the ticket let me go ahead and berate the City of Atlanta court system. The balif made me take off my BMW hat when I entered the court room. Bastard.<p>: : Ok, here is what happened. I missed my original court date (just forgot), and got it rescheduled. I went today and the cop wasn't in court so they through out the tickets!!<p>: : So my suggestion is to reschedule your court appearance. I bet the officer is more likely to make a date that s/he assigns you, so if you reschedule then they are probably less likely to be there.<p>: : I'm going to try this with a pending ticket that I currently have (60 in a 35).<p>: : A couple of weeks ago I beat another ticket in Atlanta, because lasers were found to be inaccurate (90 in a 65). <-Last ticket in my roadster. However a couple of months before I got convicted for 90 in a 55. Ouch.<p>: : After writing this post, I get the feeling that perhaps I should slow down. ;) Are Coupe's not the easiest cars to speed in, even when you don't intend to?<p>: : -Anthony<br>: : 99 Z3 Coupe 2.8<p></i>

04-01-1999, 06:40 PM
<i>: : I was in court today for two tickets, one speeding 85 in a 55 (first Coupe ticket), the other for not using my turn signal (bogus ticket, people not using their turn signal is my pet peve.)<p>: : Before I get into how I "beat" the ticket let me go ahead and berate the City of Atlanta court system. The balif made me take off my BMW hat when I entered the court room. Bastard.<p>: : Ok, here is what happened. I missed my original court date (just forgot), and got it rescheduled. I went today and the cop wasn't in court so they through out the tickets!!<p>: : So my suggestion is to reschedule your court appearance. I bet the officer is more likely to make a date that s/he assigns you, so if you reschedule then they are probably less likely to be there.<p>: : I'm going to try this with a pending ticket that I currently have (60 in a 35).<p>: : A couple of weeks ago I beat another ticket in Atlanta, because lasers were found to be inaccurate (90 in a 65). <-Last ticket in my roadster. However a couple of months before I got convicted for 90 in a 55. Ouch.<p>: : After writing this post, I get the feeling that perhaps I should slow down. ;) Are Coupe's not the easiest cars to speed in, even when you don't intend to?<p>: : -Anthony<br>: : 99 Z3 Coupe 2.8<p></i>

Gilbert
04-01-1999, 11:12 PM
I think it's fairly safe that most people on this board will recommend the Valentine1. Sure it's expensive, but in magazine tests, it is first by a margin. I was surprised that after you got the second ticket you didn't go out and buy one. One word of advice though. If you get caught speeding with a radar detector, it increases your chances of getting a ticket. Cops don't take kindly to seeing a detector on the dash.<p>BTW, most speeding tickets(in NJ) can be plead down to lesser violations. Sometimes without points attached.

Ray H
04-01-1999, 11:40 PM
ok, you can all hiss and boo but i'm still using one of the origianl SOLO radar detectors manufactured by cinncinati microwave before they went to pot (and eventually bankrupt). although it's a battery unit it still outperforms several of the plug in varieties on the market today. a friend of mine has the valentine and he swears by it so if i were to replace it i'd get the valentine. but i haven't had a ticket in a couple of years and the nice thing about the SOLO is i can quickly remove it from the dash when i need to. <p>last sat i cruised 120mph for 30 miles on a very sparsely populated (at the time) section of the 3-lane I-255 near saint louis (all of the other cars were doing at least 80mph). the coupe handles so well at a higher rate of speed i think it feels even more competent, relatively speaking, than when cruising around 70-80.<p>Ray<p><p><i>: I was in court today for two tickets, one speeding 85 in a 55 (first Coupe ticket), the other for not using my turn signal (bogus ticket, people not using their turn signal is my pet peve.)<p>

peterNJ
04-02-1999, 02:49 PM
you reschedule the cop makes sure he can attend, the check his schedule. It was just stroke of luck that the date they handed you wasn't checked. I know I tried that scam...<p>Try paying the ticket by check but make the check higher then the fine. When they mail the refund check tear it and trash it. They can't log the violation into the system as long as you don't complete it (cash the check)<p><br>'99 ///M Roadster.....

Bill
04-02-1999, 03:01 PM
I've heard that one too, I am curious if it really works though. Anyone care to test it? :o)<br>/bb

Highway Patrol
04-03-1999, 09:18 AM
<i>: I was in court today for two tickets, one speeding 85 in a 55 (first Coupe ticket), the other for not using my turn signal (bogus ticket, people not using their turn signal is my pet peve.)<p>: Before I get into how I "beat" the ticket let me go ahead and berate the City of Atlanta court system. The balif made me take off my BMW hat when I entered the court room. Bastard.<p>: Ok, here is what happened. I missed my original court date (just forgot), and got it rescheduled. I went today and the cop wasn't in court so they through out the tickets!!<p>: So my suggestion is to reschedule your court appearance. I bet the officer is more likely to make a date that s/he assigns you, so if you reschedule then they are probably less likely to be there.<p>: I'm going to try this with a pending ticket that I currently have (60 in a 35).<p>: A couple of weeks ago I beat another ticket in Atlanta, because lasers were found to be inaccurate (90 in a 65). <-Last ticket in my roadster. However a couple of months before I got convicted for 90 in a 55. Ouch.<p>: After writing this post, I get the feeling that perhaps I should slow down. ;) Are Coupe's not the easiest cars to speed in, even when you don't intend to?<p>: -Anthony<br>: 99 Z3 Coupe 2.8<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index