Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Scott
04-03-1999, 09:20 AM
Yesterday I picked up my M coupe at TC Kline Racing after having roll bar, racing seat and coil-over suspension work done. The car is now ready for the track.<p>The roll bar is very nice, standard TC Kline build and quality. Standard fair for roll bars are rear down tubes that go to the rear wheel wells, OK, so then the cargo net and rear cover cannot be used. So during the install process the cargo net and cover piece was removed. To me it is NOT a problem. I expected it. Very Nice Bar. TC Kline Racing - (614) 771-7744

Ken
04-03-1999, 01:08 PM
can u comment on the coil over suspension? how low is it? is it too hard for street use? i live in new england and the roads here r quite unpleasant so i wonder if i should get suspension mods too. thanks for ur advice.

Scott
04-04-1999, 09:01 AM
I live in Chicago and the roads not good here. The car now rides on coil-overs in the front and in the rear, the shocks and coil-over springs all in the stock locations. The rear coil-over spring is adjustable via a piece by Ground Control. Struts and shocks are Koni Double Adjustable and the springs are H&R. I was very surprised that the ride quality was very close to a stock M coupe just a bit firmer.<br> <br>I'm still working on setting the strut/shock setting as I can adjust the bump and rebound. I'm just learning this part so here goes, I found that I needed to go from full soft on both the bump and rebound to mid or a little less than half way on both to be able to handle the road conditions here.<p>The ride height is down about 1-1/2" in the front and 1-1/4" in the rear. You can still put your fingers in between the top of the tire and the fender wells. On a side note, it looks great.<p>I plan to put the car on the track many times this year, so I need a suspension that I can adjust for the track and the street. A few cars that I know that will be raced in SCCA and BMW stock class this year are going with the Koni Double Adjustable and the stock BMW spring. This sounds to me to be a very good choice it you plans are to just improve the ride. You could also go with the Dinan setup, H&R has a setup, and so do several other tuning shops.

CoupeDude
04-04-1999, 10:35 PM
<i>: Yesterday I picked up my M coupe at TC Kline Racing after having roll bar, racing seat and coil-over suspension work done. The car is now ready for the track.<p>: The roll bar is very nice, standard TC Kline build and quality. Standard fair for roll bars are rear down tubes that go to the rear wheel wells, OK, so then the cargo net and rear cover cannot be used. So during the install process the cargo net and cover piece was removed. To me it is NOT a problem. I expected it. Very Nice Bar. TC Kline Racing - (614) 771-7744<p></i>

Scott
04-05-1999, 07:30 AM
Around $500 plus 4-6 hours of installation.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index