Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

g-shock
04-04-1999, 07:05 PM
i was wondering if m-coupe owners have the same problem as i do. on my m-coupe, there are wind noise and actual wind coming in from both of the side windows. The dealership tells me that it is a problem that exists on many coupes because of a missing part. IS any one experiencing the same problem???? many thanks

CoupeDude
04-04-1999, 08:48 PM
<br><i>: i was wondering if m-coupe owners have the same problem as i do. on my m-coupe, there are wind noise and actual wind coming in from both of the side windows. The dealership tells me that it is a problem that exists on many coupes because of a missing part. IS any one experiencing the same problem???? many thanks <p></i>

Ken
04-04-1999, 10:32 PM
I have the same problem. took it to my dealer and they ordered a new window sill for me. apparently this problem is common to many z3s, so the window sill is on back order.

Jim
04-05-1999, 08:50 AM
I don't have the wind nosie problem. My windows seal very tight. In fact the drivers window seems to catch on the molding when you open the door. It's like the window close height is too high. Has anyone else experinced that? It doesn't occur on the passenger door and the dealer says there is no adjustment on the window.<p>Jim

Scott N
04-05-1999, 11:07 AM
<i>: <p></i>

HSV-DAN
04-05-1999, 11:52 AM
<i>: i was wondering if m-coupe owners have the same problem as i do. on my m-coupe, there are wind noise and actual wind coming in from both of the side windows. The dealership tells me that it is a problem that exists on many coupes because of a missing part. IS any one experiencing the same problem???? many thanks <p></i><p>I had the full door seal replaced to stop a small leak. a second adjustment was needed to get everything back in line. <p>The service tech said these window units have mnay adjustments to get the seal correct. But, the adjustments are only accessable by removing the inner door panels, the 8 series had access ports from the bottom. <p>Dan, M Copue, Arctic Silver

(eom)Mr M Coupe
04-06-1999, 01:56 AM
<i>: i was wondering if m-coupe owners have the same problem as i do. on my m-coupe, there are wind noise and actual wind coming in from both of the side windows. The dealership tells me that it is a problem that exists on many coupes because of a missing part. IS any one experiencing the same problem???? many thanks <p></i>

Joyce Lopez
04-07-1999, 04:28 PM
<br>: i was wondering if m-coupe owners have the same problem as i do. on my m-coupe, there are wind noise and actual wind coming in from both of the side windows. The dealership tells me that it is a problem that exists on many coupes because of a missing part. IS any one experiencing the same problem???? many thanks<br>I don't have an M3, but the same thing is happening with my Z3<br>

DMM
04-08-1999, 05:46 PM
I don't have an excessive amount of wind noise, but I noticed something on a recent trip that worries me. It was quite windy out and I was driving on a four lane highway (two lanes each direction, no physical divider separating) at 85 mph or so. When a truck in the opposite side of the highway passed me, a screech like sound emerged somewhere in the car. Don't know what it was and it didn't happen all the time but it didn't make me happy nonetheless. Haven't driven it since the incident so don't know if it will happen again and in what conditions. Windows were closed when the noise happened and they seemed to be sealed rather tightly. <p>Has anyone had a similar experience?<p>Regards,<br>DMM<p><i>: i was wondering if m-coupe owners have the same problem as i do. on my m-coupe, there are wind noise and actual wind coming in from both of the side windows. The dealership tells me that it is a problem that exists on many coupes because of a missing part. IS any one experiencing the same problem???? many thanks <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index