Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

J.D.
04-11-1999, 08:26 PM
I've been dissapointed that I haven't seen any M Coupes/Z3 2.8 Coupes (other than at the BMW Dealer). I thought that perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough.<p>Well, today, while at the grocery store I saw my very first M Coupe. It was green (Boston Green???) with tan interior, and had the optional sunroof. I couldn't stop drooling! And the exhuast note was great, I think it was an aftermarket exhuast.<p>I know many people say that the coupe is ugly. I wouldn't call it ugly, but I wouldn't say it that it's bueatiful either. It's a car designed to put function before form. From what I've read, it wasn't even designed by stylists, but rather by mechanical engineers. At any rate, it has grown on me. It looks hunkered down, fast, and purposeful. This is quite a contrast to most cars on the road with psuedo air intakes, uneeded "power bulges" on the hood, and spoilers that act more like air brakes than aerodynamic devices.<p>I had fooled around with Photodeluxe, seeing what an M Coupe would look like with a hatchback akin to that of the 318ti. Although it looked great and was well proportioned, it wouldn't have allowed for the stiffness, interior accomadations, and cargo space found in the current Coupe. I can see why my design wouldn't work, and why BMW did what they did.<p>You lucky Coupe owners!!!<p>--J.D.

CoupeDude
04-12-1999, 10:04 AM
<i>: I've been dissapointed that I haven't seen any M Coupes/Z3 2.8 Coupes (other than at the BMW Dealer). I thought that perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough.</i><p>I've been looking too. I've never encountered another Z3 Coupe 2.8, but I have had five M Coupe sightings (three were Estoril Blue, perhaps it was the same one), but never in my Coupe.<p>They are very rare cars, and that is part of the appeal I think.<p><i><br>: Well, today, while at the grocery store I saw my very first M Coupe. It was green (Boston Green???) with tan interior, and had the optional sunroof. I couldn't stop drooling! And the exhuast note was great, I think it was an aftermarket exhuast.<br></i><p>You sure it might not have been a Z3 Coupe 2.8? I wasn't aware that the M Coupe had a beige interior available, but the Z3 Coupe would.<p><i><br>: I know many people say that the coupe is ugly. I wouldn't call it ugly, but I wouldn't say it that it's bueatiful either. It's a car designed to put function before form. From what I've read, it wasn't even designed by stylists, but rather by mechanical engineers. At any rate, it </i><p>Some of you may have seen the Automobile Magazine reprint at you dealer on the M Coupe. I think they say it best:<p>"I think it's what the French, when talking about women, would call <i>jolie laide:</i> not pretty, but really strking and sexy." - Automobile Magazine<p><i><p>: I had fooled around with Photodeluxe, seeing what an M Coupe would look like with a hatchback akin to that of the 318ti. Although it looked great and was well proportioned, it wouldn't have allowed for the stiffness, interior accomadations, and cargo space found in the current Coupe. I can see why my design wouldn't work, and why BMW did what they did.<p>: You lucky Coupe owners!!!<p>: --J.D.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index