Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Imola ///mikky
04-11-1999, 09:01 PM
q

Alan
04-11-1999, 10:55 PM
Coupe owners sometimes wonder why their windows don't go all the way down when the windows on the roadsters do. The answer is that the hard roof on the coupe is taller than the soft top on the roadster, so the windows are taller on the coupe. The doors of course are the same between the two cars, and there just wasn't room for BMW to engineer things for the coupe windows to go all the way down.<p><br>--Alan

Imola ///Mikky
04-11-1999, 11:49 PM
<i>: Coupe owners sometimes wonder why their windows don't go all the way down when the windows on the roadsters do. The answer is that the hard roof on the coupe is taller than the soft top on the roadster, so the windows are taller on the coupe. The doors of course are the same between the two cars, and there just wasn't room for BMW to engineer things for the coupe windows to go all the way down.<br>.<br>: <br>: --Alan<p></i>

Gunther
04-12-1999, 09:25 AM
I'm considering buying an M-coupe, but this is the first I've heard about the window not opening completely. How much does the window remain open???<p><i>: Coupe owners sometimes wonder why their windows don't go all the way down when the windows on the roadsters do. The answer is that the hard roof on the coupe is taller than the soft top on the roadster, so the windows are taller on the coupe. The doors of course are the same between the two cars, and there just wasn't room for BMW to engineer things for the coupe windows to go all the way down.<p>: <br>: --Alan<p></i>

CoupeDude
04-12-1999, 09:48 AM
Not much. It catches your attention at first, but once you get used to it, it is not a problem. It may not be as comfortable to lay your arm on the window sill while driving, as in the roadster, but it is a very minor gripe.<p><i>: I'm considering buying an M-coupe, but this is the first I've heard about the window not opening completely. How much does the window remain open???<p>: : Coupe owners sometimes wonder why their windows don't go all the way down when the windows on the roadsters do. The answer is that the hard roof on the coupe is taller than the soft top on the roadster, so the windows are taller on the coupe. The doors of course are the same between the two cars, and there just wasn't room for BMW to engineer things for the coupe windows to go all the way down.<p>: : <br>: : --Alan<p></i>

Gunther
04-12-1999, 09:50 AM
Thanks Dude. (eom)<p><i>: Not much. It catches your attention at first, but once you get used to it, it is not a problem. It may not be as comfortable to lay your arm on the window sill while driving, as in the roadster, but it is a very minor gripe.<p>: : I'm considering buying an M-coupe, but this is the first I've heard about the window not opening completely. How much does the window remain open???<p>: : : Coupe owners sometimes wonder why their windows don't go all the way down when the windows on the roadsters do. The answer is that the hard roof on the coupe is taller than the soft top on the roadster, so the windows are taller on the coupe. The doors of course are the same between the two cars, and there just wasn't room for BMW to engineer things for the coupe windows to go all the way down.<p>: : : <br>: : : --Alan<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index