Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Alf
04-18-1999, 02:35 PM
Just came back from my local BMW dealer - and what do you know !!! A brand new MY 00 Z3 2.8 Coupe !!!<p>I tried to spot the differences between the 99 and the 2000 - here's what I picked out - there may be more...<br>-chrome exhaust tips<br>-clear indicators all around (taillamps / side repeaters / front indicators)<br>-chrome trim around the headlamps<br>-appears to be a slightly redesigned intake/grille (below the kidneys) in body color (Artic Silver in this case) vs black on the 99 - more aggressive in appearance<br>-chrome trim around instruments - probably std like on the Z3<br>-g o r g e o u s "M" Design steering wheel<br>-unlike what I've read about the MY 00 Z3, no "M" Design shift knob <br>-wood handle on the handbrake<br>-console sides now black trim, vs wood trim on 99<br>-same base alloys<p>There may be other differences that I may have missed. I can't comment on the window sticker info, as the dealer hadn't placed it in the car as yet.<p>Overall impressions ??? Looks great ! <br>- <br>

CoupeDude
04-18-1999, 04:15 PM
<i><br>: -appears to be a slightly redesigned intake/grille (below the kidneys) in body color (Artic Silver in this case) vs black on the 99 - more aggressive in appearance<br></i><p>Could you elaborate on this at all? Is it a different front end?<br>

Alf
04-18-1999, 10:19 PM
No - very definitely the same front end; however, the intake grille (below the license plate, between the fog lamps) on your '99 is black, right ??? On the '00, it's body color, and thus really stands out. I can't think of a car to compare the 'look' to.<p>I also forgot to check out the kidneys - not certain if BMW did any changes there...

CoupeDude
04-19-1999, 09:17 AM
Oh, OK, I see what your saying. Yes they are black. I'll have to go see how that looks. The other interesting change is the clear indicator lights, I bet that gives a nice look.<p><i>: No - very definitely the same front end; however, the intake grille (below the license plate, between the fog lamps) on your '99 is black, right ??? On the '00, it's body color, and thus really stands out. I can't think of a car to compare the 'look' to.<p>: I also forgot to check out the kidneys - not certain if BMW did any changes there...<p></i>

Alf
04-19-1999, 11:54 AM
Personally, I like the amber indicator lights on the 99 Coupes. I know the trend is (and has been) towards clear lenses with an amber bulb, but it looks sooooooo Japanese (Honda/Acura) to me. I really like the contrast of the amber lenses against the body color.

Montie
04-19-1999, 08:15 PM
<i>: Just came back from my local BMW dealer - and what do you know !!! A brand new MY 00 Z3 2.8 Coupe !!!<p>: I tried to spot the differences between the 99 and the 2000 - here's what I picked out - there may be more...<br>: -chrome exhaust tips<br>: -clear indicators all around (taillamps / side repeaters / front indicators)<br>: -chrome trim around the headlamps<br>: -appears to be a slightly redesigned intake/grille (below the kidneys) in body color (Artic Silver in this case) vs black on the 99 - more aggressive in appearance<br>: -chrome trim around instruments - probably std like on the Z3<br>: -g o r g e o u s "M" Design steering wheel<br>: -unlike what I've read about the MY 00 Z3, no "M" Design shift knob <br>: -wood handle on the handbrake<br>: -console sides now black trim, vs wood trim on 99<br>: -same base alloys<p>: There may be other differences that I may have missed. I can't comment on the window sticker info, as the dealer hadn't placed it in the car as yet.<p>: Overall impressions ??? Looks great ! <br>: - <br>: <p></i>

CoupeDude
04-20-1999, 08:40 AM
<i>: : Just came back from my local BMW dealer - and what do you know !!! A brand new MY 00 Z3 2.8 Coupe !!!<p>: : I tried to spot the differences between the 99 and the 2000 - here's what I picked out - there may be more...<br>: : -chrome exhaust tips<br>: : -clear indicators all around (taillamps / side repeaters / front indicators)<br>: : -chrome trim around the headlamps<br>: : -appears to be a slightly redesigned intake/grille (below the kidneys) in body color (Artic Silver in this case) vs black on the 99 - more aggressive in appearance<br>: : -chrome trim around instruments - probably std like on the Z3<br>: : -g o r g e o u s "M" Design steering wheel<br>: : -unlike what I've read about the MY 00 Z3, no "M" Design shift knob <br>: : -wood handle on the handbrake<br>: : -console sides now black trim, vs wood trim on 99<br>: : -same base alloys<p>: : There may be other differences that I may have missed. I can't comment on the window sticker info, as the dealer hadn't placed it in the car as yet.<p>: : Overall impressions ??? Looks great ! <br>: : - <br>: : <p></i>

Montie
04-21-1999, 08:11 PM
<i>: : : Just came back from my local BMW dealer - and what do you know !!! A brand new MY 00 Z3 2.8 Coupe !!!<p>: : : I tried to spot the differences between the 99 and the 2000 - here's what I picked out - there may be more...<br>: : : -chrome exhaust tips<br>: : : -clear indicators all around (taillamps / side repeaters / front indicators)<br>: : : -chrome trim around the headlamps<br>: : : -appears to be a slightly redesigned intake/grille (below the kidneys) in body color (Artic Silver in this case) vs black on the 99 - more aggressive in appearance<br>: : : -chrome trim around instruments - probably std like on the Z3<br>: : : -g o r g e o u s "M" Design steering wheel<br>: : : -unlike what I've read about the MY 00 Z3, no "M" Design shift knob <br>: : : -wood handle on the handbrake<br>: : : -console sides now black trim, vs wood trim on 99<br>: : : -same base alloys<p>: : : There may be other differences that I may have missed. I can't comment on the window sticker info, as the dealer hadn't placed it in the car as yet.<p>: : : Overall impressions ??? Looks great ! <br>: : : - <br>: : : <p></i>

ChrisJ
04-23-1999, 01:30 PM
$300-$400 for the wheel -- the air bag adds most of the additional cost.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index