Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Salil Saxena
04-22-1999, 03:19 AM
I realize the M Coupe is very sensitive to the road, as well as tire preasure. However, since I took delivery of my M Coupe its been pulling to the right. Its been in twice for a complete realignment and rebalancing of the wheels, but I can still feel it pulling to the right. Anyone else had similar alignment/pulling problems? BTW, I have 3000 miles now.<p>Thanks.

Frank
04-22-1999, 07:19 AM
Mine too. Had the dealer do a complete alignment only to find the toe adjustment a bit off. Now it will track perfectly straight for quite a distance and then suddenly drift to the right. Always. Never to the left. Also does not seem to matter which lane, type of pavement, road crown, cross wind, etc. I very carefully checked tire pressures to make sure they are correct and equal, I even used two gauges as a double check. Does not make sense. Maybe unequal front tire pressure is the answer but that does not seem right either. Imola Red, 1500 mi.<p>

Carouzos
04-22-1999, 07:34 AM
Same with me!...Boy am i not glad to see it is happenning wih others as well!:(....I have not checked mine out yet cos I only have 1K miles yet. Tire pressures were ok so I just figured it was unequal balance of pressure into the front tires. BTW, have you checked your accelaration compared to M3's?. I did an full throttle accelaration together with an M3 starting at 2000 rpm's to the full of second gear. I was surprised to see that even though the other guy had one more person in his car, I was only half a car ahead!.....(M3 not 5.7 0-60, or M coupe not 5.1?)....Anyway I 'll have to check again but I'm already in love with my baby!!!

DCC
04-22-1999, 09:19 AM
The rear toe in not adjustable on the M Coupe<br>You hope that the thrust readings show it to be 0.00<br>This way, you can adjust the front toe to correct steering wheel off center and pulling<br>Try running alittle less toe-in in the front and your pull should go away<p>Dan<p><p><br><i>: I realize the M Coupe is very sensitive to the road, as well as tire preasure. However, since I took delivery of my M Coupe its been pulling to the right. Its been in twice for a complete realignment and rebalancing of the wheels, but I can still feel it pulling to the right. Anyone else had similar alignment/pulling problems? BTW, I have 3000 miles now.<p>: Thanks.<p></i>

Ken
04-22-1999, 10:23 AM
.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index