Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Salil Saxena
04-22-1999, 03:22 AM
Now that summer is here, I have been thinking of taking my M Coupe on the track. I was wondering what others use as track tires? On the same subject, what is the availablity of the Dunlop 8080E's from Tire Rack?<p>Thanks.

Doug
04-22-1999, 08:47 AM
For track use, the current "in" tire is the relatively new BFGoodrich Comp T/A "g-Force R1". Tire Rack (www.tirerack.com) currently lists that tire for our cars at $160 each. Add $15 or $20 each to have 'em "heat cycled" and you'll be track ready.<p>The Yokohama A032R is another new tire that would be sticky for the road course.<p>For both street and track, sounds like the new BFGoodrich Comp T/A "g-Force KD" is a winner. Supposedly the KD stands for "Killer Dry" ... but the tire is also suppose to be OK is the wet.<p>FYI ...

dp
05-03-1999, 08:39 PM
the stock 8080's do ok on the track - it's actually fun to slide them around. most club days there is no passing in turns anyway, and there are usually slower people to hold you up. so unless you actually race or autocross, i'd just stick with stock rubber (is that a pun?).

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index