Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

costasz
04-22-1999, 02:33 PM
-

Simon
04-22-1999, 05:01 PM
I will think performance-wise the coupe is faster in acceleration, stiffer and definitely is up there in terms of handling due to it's PWR & lower center of gravity. The M coupe is the only BMW ranked as one of the ten best cars in EVO. (IMO, the mag to read with no bs.)<p>The M3 is a saloon more than a sports car (which the M coupe purely is so comes the question: why compare 2 diff cars!!) It has better suspensions, to compensate for the handling due to the size of the car. PWR should be less than M3. Of course you have more space. I am told the clutch & shift feel is different for both cars. (probably due to shorter shifter in Coupe.)<p>That's all I can say. Pls add where you think is necessary!<p><br>99 MCouper in Vancouver.

costasz
04-22-1999, 06:07 PM
I would like some on-hand driving experiences perhaps from autocross or track. Especially if you competed with one against the other.<br>Thanks again

Seth H.
05-01-1999, 08:01 PM
Just picked up my M3 about a month ago, and I've never had so much fun with a car. I'm not sure what kind of car you're coming out of, but the M3 handles amazingly.(I think that's a word) The M Coupe has a little more speed because it weighs a bit less. I chose the M3 because it has a sizeable backseat, for female passengers of course, and if I ever got in a wreck I'd rather be in the M3 everyday of the week, and twice on Saturday! Can't even compare these two cars on the safety front. Just my 2 cents.<p>Seth

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index