Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

CoupeDude
04-22-1999, 02:49 PM
I had my first sighting of another coupe while in my Coupe today.<p>I was driving down the street near Atlanta and comeing the opposite way a black M Coupe passed by. I immediately u-turned (even though I was running late for a meeting, I mean it's not often I run into another coupe) and catch up with him.<p>I follow him for a bit, the driver was quite docil. I pull up next to him, and look over to smile and wave, but it's a middle age chick. I can't seem to get her attentino so I honk and then smile and wave, she looks over at me wearing sunglasses and just looks confused. Oh brother. . . why in the world would this person want an M Coupe? One of the reasons I like the Coupe is because a lot of people in the roadster crowd have this attitude thing, and now I've discovered a Coupe owner the same way.

Stan
04-22-1999, 03:44 PM
<i>: I had my first sighting of another coupe while in my Coupe today.<p>: I was driving down the street near Atlanta and comeing the opposite way a black M Coupe passed by. I immediately u-turned (even though I was running late for a meeting, I mean it's not often I run into another coupe) and catch up with him.<p>: I follow him for a bit, the driver was quite docil. I pull up next to him, and look over to smile and wave, but it's a middle age chick. I can't seem to get her attentino so I honk and then smile and wave, she looks over at me wearing sunglasses and just looks confused. Oh brother. . . why in the world would this person want an M Coupe? One of the reasons I like the Coupe is because a lot of people in the roadster crowd have this attitude thing, and now I've discovered a Coupe owner the same way.<p></i>

Alf
04-22-1999, 04:03 PM
Take heart, my friend - it was most probably the owner's mother-in-law taking it in for service !!!

Simon
04-22-1999, 04:42 PM
a thumbs-up!!!!! He is really in to my M coupe... then he blasted away... I would have follow but i was breaking in then... :P<p>99' ///M Couper in Vancouver.

:^(
04-22-1999, 05:56 PM
<i>: I had my first sighting of another coupe while in my Coupe today.<p>: I was driving down the street near Atlanta and comeing the opposite way a black M Coupe passed by. I immediately u-turned (even though I was running late for a meeting, I mean it's not often I run into another coupe) and catch up with him.<p>: I follow him for a bit, the driver was quite docil. I pull up next to him, and look over to smile and wave, but it's a middle age chick. I can't seem to get her attentino so I honk and then smile and wave, she looks over at me wearing sunglasses and just looks confused. Oh brother. . . why in the world would this person want an M Coupe? One of the reasons I like the Coupe is because a lot of people in the roadster crowd have this attitude thing, and now I've discovered a Coupe owner the same way.<p></i>

shaking my head in disbelief
04-22-1999, 06:17 PM

Montie
04-22-1999, 09:13 PM

:^(
04-22-1999, 11:40 PM
THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR CAR<p><br>ting of another coupe while in my Coupe today.<p>: I was driving down the street near Atlanta and comeing the opposite way a black M Coupe passed by. I immediately u-turned (even though I was running late for a meeting, I mean it's not often I run into another coupe) and catch up with him.<p>: I follow him for a bit, the driver was quite docil. I pull up next to him, and look over to smile and wave, but it's a middle age chick. I can't seem to get her attentino so I honk and then smile and wave, she looks over at me wearing sunglasses and just looks confused. Oh brother. . . why in the world would this person want an M Coupe? One of the reasons I like the Coupe is because a lot of people in the roadster crowd have this attitude thing, and now I've discovered a Coupe owner the same way.<p></i>

CoupeDude
04-23-1999, 12:23 AM
Yes but those people are not important to Me. <p>And no need to shout, dumbass. Just hit your caps lock button. I know these new fangled computers are a bit much for some of us, but you can figure it out. Keep at it.<p>"Get a life", I think anyone who uses that tired expression needs to follow their own advice.<p><br><i>: THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR CAR<p></i>

:^)
04-23-1999, 12:27 AM
<i>: Yes but those people are not important to Me. <p>: And no need to shout, dumbass. Just hit your caps lock button. I know these new fangled computers are a bit much for some of us, but you can figure it out. Keep at it.<p>: "Get a life", I think anyone who uses that tired expression needs to follow their own advice.<p>: <br>: : THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR CAR<p></i>

he
04-23-1999, 01:15 AM
<i>: I had my first sighting of another coupe while in my Coupe today.<p>: I was driving down the street near Atlanta and comeing the opposite way a black M Coupe passed by. I immediately u-turned (even though I was running late for a meeting, I mean it's not often I run into another coupe) and catch up with him.<p>: I follow him for a bit, the driver was quite docil. I pull up next to him, and look over to smile and wave, but it's a middle age chick. I can't seem to get her attentino so I honk and then smile and wave, she looks over at me wearing sunglasses and just looks confused. Oh brother. . . why in the world would this person want an M Coupe? One of the reasons I like the Coupe is because a lot of people in the roadster crowd have this attitude thing, and now I've discovered a Coupe owner the same way.<p></i>One thing about you, Dude you always manage to get a reaction on this board.

CoupeDude
04-23-1999, 09:53 AM
. . . people pay $1500/day for my time. Wow and I've made it two years out of college without anyone finding out that I'm an idiot. Shhhh, don't let anyone in on that.<p><i>: : Yes but those people are not important to Me. <p>: : And no need to shout, dumbass. Just hit your caps lock button. I know these new fangled computers are a bit much for some of us, but you can figure it out. Keep at it.<p>: : "Get a life", I think anyone who uses that tired expression needs to follow their own advice.<p>: : <br>: : : THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR CAR<p></i>

CoupeDude
04-23-1999, 10:01 AM
Cetainly, I do. There are always plenty of people for my amusement. There are several real people around, but like I alluded to, a lot Z3ers are just one of the masses of snobby status seeking dolts that fill up BMWs across the land.<p>And hopefully my next sighting will be someone "worthy." ;)<p><br><i><br>: One thing about you, Dude you always manage to get a reaction on this board.<p></i>

vertigo
04-23-1999, 03:03 PM
>. . . . people pay $1500/day for my time. Wow >and I've made it two years out of college without >anyone finding out that I'm an idiot. Shhhh, >don't let anyone in on that.<p>I know a whole lotta morons who make big bucks;<br>you think your salary equates to intelligence?...<br>shhhh...don't tell all the scientists at Los Alamos.

J.D.
04-23-1999, 03:51 PM
<i>: >. . . . people pay $1500/day for my time. Wow >and I've made it two years out of college without >anyone finding out that I'm an idiot. Shhhh, >don't let anyone in on that.<p>: I know a whole lotta morons who make big bucks;<br>: you think your salary equates to intelligence?...<br>: shhhh...don't tell all the scientists at Los Alamos.<p></i>

CoupeDude
04-23-1999, 11:43 PM
I was just throwing that in that jerks face to be an *** as he was asking for it. It's not my salary by the way, that is what I am billed out to clients at. If that were my salary, then my M5 would be on order. :)<p>However, I will answer your question when you first define what we are talking about by answering this question: What is intelligence?<p>Well you probably can't as no one has really been able to before (acceptably). Our friend used the term idiot because he can't form an actual argument and must resort to posting messages at his level of ability. What is an idiot? It used to be a measure on old IQ tests, but an IQ test mesures culture more then intelligence. Let me know if you'd like me to go on.<p><i><br>: I know a whole lotta morons who make big bucks;<br>: you think your salary equates to intelligence?...<br>: shhhh...don't tell all the scientists at Los Alamos.<p></i>

CoupeDude
04-23-1999, 11:43 PM
<i>: : >. . . . people pay $1500/day for my time. Wow >and I've made it two years out of college without >anyone finding out that I'm an idiot. Shhhh, >don't let anyone in on that.<p>: : I know a whole lotta morons who make big bucks;<br>: : you think your salary equates to intelligence?...<br>: : shhhh...don't tell all the scientists at Los Alamos.<p></i>

vertigo
04-24-1999, 06:17 PM
"what is intelligence?"<br>...I spent WAY too much time in the vicinity<br>of the AI lab during my undergrad years...please<br>no more!!! [I was working in a neuroscience lab<br>at the time...]<p>BTY: What do you do for a living? (real curiosity).<p>Cheers,<br>Vertigo

CoupeDude
04-24-1999, 10:46 PM
:) , Ok no more discussion on the definition of intelligence. A couple of my classes hit on some AI stuff, particularly my Business Decision Support Systems class. Interesting stuff. Very applicable to business for expert systems and such.<p>I have a Bachelor of Science of Business Administration with a major in Managmenet Information Systems.<p>I'd say philosophy is an important and interesting diversion for me, but I don't really run into the problem of defining intelligence professionally. :) What do I do (besides drive my coupe and rant on this board)?<p>Well my title is "Senior Software Engineer". Primarily I do full life cycle systems analysis, design and development of two-tier client/server business applications including some web apps occasionally.<p>Basically I go out to a client and find out the requirements for a system, develop a specification document, and write the computer code to create the application.<p>My primary tool is Delphi Client/Server Suite, we usually do SQL Server, occasionally Oracle on the back end. I also do a bit of component creation sometimes.<p>My ultimate goal is to lead a rebellion to take over the world and make it a peace loving hippie commune where we will all smoke good weed, sing songs, and talk about how cool my Z3 Coupe is.<p>Neuroscience lab? How about yourself, what do you do?<p><i>: "what is intelligence?"<br>: ...I spent WAY too much time in the vicinity<br>: of the AI lab during my undergrad years...please<br>: no more!!! [I was working in a neuroscience lab<br>: at the time...]<p>: BTY: What do you do for a living? (real curiosity).<p>: Cheers,<br>: Vertigo<p></i>

vertigo
04-25-1999, 03:02 PM
Interesting....<p>I'm a Graduate Student in Operations Research. My work is focused on stochastic systems--primarily <br>simulation and stats. For applied work I do defense analysis. I consult for a non-profit <br>defense think tank, and also work for an on-campus group. Current project is building a physics based<br>missile flight simulator. It's a lot of fun, but I get a lot of crap from people in most social <br>settings. One of my brothers is a screen play writer (talk about serious money), and usually the<br>various actresses, etc. think I'm joking when I tell them what I do. "hehehe...no really, are you<br>in casting? directing? heheheh...."

EOM
04-27-1999, 02:01 AM
<i>: Interesting....<p>: I'm a Graduate Student in Operations Research. My work is focused on stochastic systems--primarily <br>: simulation and stats. For applied work I do defense analysis. I consult for a non-profit <br>: defense think tank, and also work for an on-campus group. Current project is building a physics based<br>: missile flight simulator. It's a lot of fun, but I get a lot of crap from people in most social <br>: settings. One of my brothers is a screen play writer (talk about serious money), and usually the<br>: various actresses, etc. think I'm joking when I tell them what I do. "hehehe...no really, are you<br>: in casting? directing? heheheh...."<p></i>

:^)
04-27-1999, 11:03 PM
<i>: : Interesting....<p>: : I'm a Graduate Student in Operations Research. My work is focused on stochastic systems--primarily <br>: : simulation and stats. For applied work I do defense analysis. I consult for a non-profit <br>: : defense think tank, and also work for an on-campus group. Current project is building a physics based<br>: : missile flight simulator. It's a lot of fun, but I get a lot of crap from people in most social <br>: : settings. One of my brothers is a screen play writer (talk about serious money), and usually the<br>: : various actresses, etc. think I'm joking when I tell them what I do. "hehehe...no really, are you<br>: : in casting? directing? heheheh...."<p></i>

vertigo
04-29-1999, 02:46 AM
<i>: : : Interesting....<p>: : : I'm a Graduate Student in Operations Research. My work is focused on stochastic systems--primarily <br>: : : simulation and stats. For applied work I do defense analysis. I consult for a non-profit <br>: : : defense think tank, and also work for an on-campus group. Current project is building a physics based<br>: : : missile flight simulator. It's a lot of fun, but I get a lot of crap from people in most social <br>: : : settings. One of my brothers is a screen play writer (talk about serious money), and usually the<br>: : : various actresses, etc. think I'm joking when I tell them what I do. "hehehe...no really, are you<br>: : : in casting? directing? heheheh...."<p></i>

sign painter
04-30-1999, 02:02 PM
<i>: : : : Interesting....<br></i><p>No it isn't.<br>

sign painter
04-30-1999, 02:02 PM
<i>: : : : Interesting....<br></i><p>No it isn't.<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index