Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mcouper
04-26-1999, 03:24 AM
Felt a bit naughty so I went for a drive with my ArcSil Mcoupe.<p>I live in Vancouver, Canada. And If you know the city the drive to UBC gives you a top speed test (a bit bumpy though... I didn't go all the way... Top speed was 210km...) Then near the beach, it's all twisty and with traction control on... I can do a bit off oversteer... heard the tires... I was feathering the throttle but not too much for the ASC to kick in i guess. Brake feel is excellent... after all those hard braking... and no fade.<p>Yeah... It was wrong. Never do this on public roads. I don't recommend it. I should have gotten a ticket for it......blah, blah, blah...

CoupeDude
04-26-1999, 10:04 AM
<i>Top speed was 210km...) Then near the beach, it's<br></i><p>Kick *** man! What is that in American? About 130 Mph?<p><i> <br>: Yeah... It was wrong. Never do this on public roads. I don't recommend it. I should have gotten a ticket for it......blah, blah, blah...<br></i><p>Yesterday I took my Coupe on a North Georgia/ Carolina tour with the peachtree chapter of the bmwcca. I started at 3/4 tank. After some twisty mountain roads we had some clear straight roads and my gas was running low. <p>Me and a friend made a plan for a very quick pit stop. I gave him the money and told him to pay, while I run out and pump. We were in and out in less then two minutes. We should be in a pit crew. Now we wanted to catch up with the pack, what a great excuse to open the Coupe up.<p>We hit a very solid 126 Mph with everything sealed up. What a hard on. Several thumbs ups from others in the caravan (about 20 cars) when they saw that we caught back up.<p>But the real fun was some extreme mountain driving. I can't get over it how much fun it was. <p>Top speed honors for that day surely went to a Ferrari Testarossa that was in our pack.<br>

Doug
04-26-1999, 01:25 PM
: Kick *** man! What is that in American? About 130 Mph?<p>210 times .62 = 130.2 mph ... FYI

Doug
04-26-1999, 01:34 PM
<i>: I live in Vancouver, Canada. And If you know the city the drive to UBC gives you a top speed test (a bit bumpy though... I didn't go all the way... Top speed was 210km...)<p>Hey! More fun to ya! ... as long as the only one you endanger is yourself. Sounds like you had a good blast, which a Coupe owner must do on occasion, right?<p>I live just east of Seattle in Bellevue, and have gone up to Whistler skiing a few times. Just before getting to the mountain, now THERE's a road you could have some fun on ... except there's always traffic.<p>Enjoy that coupe! Let's get together sometime after I get my Titanium Silver "00" M coupe in the very near future! Take care! <p>

MCouper
04-28-1999, 06:34 PM
<i>Yep, the trip to Whistler would be incredible fun... It'll be tiring.. but excellent fun (2 hr of exciting twists & turns...)<p>Yeah, come and we'll have some fun... It's no fun here in Van for a couper... no competition.<p><p></i>

Greg M
04-30-1999, 05:36 AM
You live in an awesome place for the M Coupe. Well maybe it rains a tad too much but the terrain was made for the car. I used to live on Whidbey Island and I miss the roads there. I now have an M Coupe as well (Alpine White) but live in the flatlands of Middle Georgia.<br> If you get a chance to go south to Washington I recommend the Chukanut Drive. It runs south from Bellingham to Bow, WA. Lots of twisties. Go on a weekday if you can. Too many bikes on the weekend. Enjoy! <p><i>: Felt a bit naughty so I went for a drive with my ArcSil Mcoupe.<p>: I live in Vancouver, Canada. And If you know the city the drive to UBC gives you a top speed test (a bit bumpy though... I didn't go all the way... Top speed was 210km...) Then near the beach, it's all twisty and with traction control on... I can do a bit off oversteer... heard the tires... I was feathering the throttle but not too much for the ASC to kick in i guess. Brake feel is excellent... after all those hard braking... and no fade.<p>: Yeah... It was wrong. Never do this on public roads. I don't recommend it. I should have gotten a ticket for it......blah, blah, blah...<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index