Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

hate that wood
04-29-1999, 10:33 PM
I'm looking for a 2.8 coupe in Northern Cal which has the polished aluminum and no chrome trim. Is this car even available? Everything the dealers here have has both options... am I the only one who doesnt like the wood?

CoupeDude
04-30-1999, 10:31 AM
I haven't seen the aluminum on the Z3 Coupe yet, but I have on a 328 and I didn't like it.<p>I don't dislike the wood but I wouldn't order it if it wasn't standard. At first I thought it a bit stuffy for the sporty coupe, but it has grown on me. Adds a touch of class I guess.<p>I bet you could special order one without it.<p><p><i>: I'm looking for a 2.8 coupe in Northern Cal which has the polished aluminum and no chrome trim. Is this car even available? Everything the dealers here have has both options... am I the only one who doesnt like the wood? <p></i>

Jeff360
04-30-1999, 02:41 PM
I've got the aluminum trim in my '99 coupe. I have received a lot of compliments on it. In choosing the exterior color I wanted, I had to take the interior as is. I had no idea what the interior trim looks like. I have a beige interior and I think that the aluminum would look much better with another interior color. Wood might actually look better with beige . However, the aluminum trim does include the aluminum gear shift know and a faux-aluminum dash board backing that looks cooler than the standard black. The gauge rings are black rather than chrome. <p><br><i>: I'm looking for a 2.8 coupe in Northern Cal which has the polished aluminum and no chrome trim. Is this car even available? Everything the dealers here have has both options... am I the only one who doesnt like the wood? <p></i>

Alf
04-30-1999, 02:53 PM
Jeff - trim sounds great !!! Any chance you can scan in some pictures ??

Jeff360
04-30-1999, 09:30 PM
Will scan some pictures ASAP. I think the pics of the dash may convince some to go for the aluminum. I took the car to the dealer today to get the cupholders installed and all the service guys were coming out to look at my car as they had never seen the aluminum trim. My exterior is Boston Green. I have no doubt that anyone with a Cosmos Black, blue, or, red exterior (any with a black interior) will definitely like the aluminum contrast. <p>On a depressing note, as I was driving to have this interior upgrade installed, an 18 wheeler whizzed by and gave me my first big rock chip - on the hood no less. And this was only the 3rd time I had driven the car!! I ended up buying the touch up paint and will try to fill in the hole tomorrow. Of course, I also immediately purchased the magnetic stone guards and a nose mask for my upcoming road trip. <p><i>: Jeff - trim sounds great !!! Any chance you can scan in some pictures ??<p></i>

M Sipe
05-03-1999, 05:49 PM
with tan interior and padded extended leather console side pieces it looks better than I thought it wood (he-he). Dealer took delivery of another 2.8 coupe with aluminum trim when mine arrived. I didn't care for it, personally; had a dark gray appearance. Polished or bright annealed would have been better IMO. Others might feel different.

GERALD BIMMER
05-08-1999, 07:04 PM
<i>: I haven't seen the aluminum on the Z3 Coupe yet, but I have on a 328 and I didn't like it.<p>: I don't dislike the wood but I wouldn't order it if it wasn't standard. At first I thought it a bit stuffy for the sporty coupe, but it has grown on me. Adds a touch of class I guess.<p>: I bet you could special order one without it.<br>I have the aluminum trim in a Z3 2,8 Silver with Black interior.--The Aluminum trim is very sophisticated.<p>: : I'm looking for a 2.8 coupe in Northern Cal which has the polished aluminum and no chrome trim. Is this car even available? Everything the dealers here have has both options... am I the only one who doesnt like the wood? <p></i>

Gerald Bimmer
05-09-1999, 05:47 PM
<p><br>.<br>: I have the aluminum trim in a Z3 2,8 Silver with Black interior.--The Aluminum trim is very sophisticated.<br>I have seen several of the Z3 2.8 coupes in Massachussetts wwith the aluminum trim package in combination with an artic silver exterior, and a black leather interior. It is similar to mine and I think quite handsome.All the trim (door handles ,background around the gauges, Shift leve, tip on the emergancy brake and levers on the heater controlls match the satin aluminum color--Its great and itis available<p><br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index