Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Frank
04-30-1999, 02:17 PM
The air cond/recirc. switch on the console of my M coupe does not light up when the lights are on. Lights when air cond.or recirc. is turned on though. Seems odd that all other gauges and switches are illuminated except this one. Dealer says that switch has no illumination as proven by checking other Z3 M's. Is dealer wrong? Or should switch have illumination?

Paul M.
04-30-1999, 05:59 PM
The dealer is correct. That button does not have illumination. Annoying, huh?<p>Paul

CoupeDude
04-30-1999, 06:58 PM
Perhaps at first, but once you know where they are, it's not too bad. What's worse was on the 96 Z3s, when activated, the A/C button put out the light of three suns. Distracting, and bathed the cockpit in a blue glow, you could almost read in there.<p><i>: The dealer is correct. That button does not have illumination. Annoying, huh?<p>: Paul<p></i>

J.D.
04-30-1999, 07:56 PM
<i>: Perhaps at first, but once you know where they are, it's not too bad. What's worse was on the 96 Z3s, when activated, the A/C button put out the light of three suns. Distracting, and bathed the cockpit in a blue glow, you could almost read in there.<p>: : The dealer is correct. That button does not have illumination. Annoying, huh?<p>: : Paul<p></i><br>I don't know quite what the A/C button looks like--sorry don't own a Z3--but you could try putting a dab of tinted paint over the light. Most hobbie stores sell tinted translucent paint, it might work. Then again, if it doesn't, or you mess up, then you can't remove the paint. You could also try strecting a piece of electrical tape over the light.<p>If anyone has a pic with the A/C button in it, I'd like to see it, then I could better explain myself.<p>Have fun driving the Z,<p>J.D.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index