Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

costasz
05-01-1999, 07:37 PM
We own a 99 A4 2.8qtip ( my wife drives it most of the time ) and I must admit that it's one of the nicest fun cars I've ever driven. I am on the top of the list for an S4 but I am debating whether I should get that or an M-Coupe. I know they are different cars and I think the S4 gives you a lot more car for your money than the M-Coupe ( quattro, HID, climate control ) but I am annoyed at the fact that I don't know what option are included on the S4 and the pricing will be. My dealer said they won't know until a couple of weeks before they're shipped. <br>Another thing that I don't particularly like is that I would be paying MSRP for the S4 but I could get a decent break on an M-Coupe.<br>And the M-Coupe is more distinctive than the S4.<br>Any thoughts on this ?<br>

J.D.
05-01-1999, 08:11 PM
<i>-<br></i><br>If your looking for fun, get the Coupe. If you want practicality, then get the S4. Consider this: the M Coupe will blast from 0-60 in 5.1-5.3 seconds. An S4 takes about 6.2-6.5 seconds.<p>The S4 is the ultimate "sleeper". The Coupe is the world's best attention getter.<p>J.D.

Montie
05-01-1999, 09:44 PM
<i>: -<br>: <br>: If your looking for fun, get the Coupe. If you want practicality, then get the S4. Consider this: the M Coupe will blast from 0-60 in 5.1-5.3 seconds. An S4 takes about 6.2-6.5 seconds.<p>: The S4 is the ultimate "sleeper". The Coupe is the world's best attention getter.<p>: J.D.<p></i>

No Slugs
05-01-1999, 10:03 PM
<i>: : -<br>: : <br>: : If your looking for fun, get the Coupe. If you want practicality, then get the S4. Consider this: the M Coupe will blast from 0-60 in 5.1-5.3 seconds. An S4 takes about 6.2-6.5 seconds.<p>: : The S4 is the ultimate "sleeper". The Coupe is the world's best attention getter.<p>: : J.D.<p></i>

Siper2
05-02-1999, 07:48 AM

Josh K
05-02-1999, 09:40 AM
I had a '96 A4 2.8Q manual and I must admit that it was a very sure-footed and safe car, as well as being a great value for the money. But several things prevented me from really enjoying the car (aside from the lack of power): numb steering, lousy brakes, balky shifter, and poor weight distribution.<p>I was exicted by what the S4 offered, but I also did not feel like being placed on my dealer's waiting list, being at the mercy of Audi of America, and waiting until after the summer to get a new car. I also read a few European mag. reviews and I suspect that the S4 will be one of those cars that looks very good on paper, but does not fulfill it's promise as a true driver's car. I also think it looks boring. So I gave up on Audi and bought an M Coupe. If you can live with the smaller size (I can), then you'll find it extremely rewarding and more fun to drive than anything on an A4 platform. If you're really set on Audi, wait for the 225HP AWD TT, but keep in mind that no one at Audi of A has any idea when it will make it to NA. If you don't want a TT, get an M coupe--you'll be quite happy.<p>Josh '00 Estoril/Estoril M Coupe<p><br><i>: We own a 99 A4 2.8qtip ( my wife drives it most of the time ) and I must admit that it's one of the nicest fun cars I've ever driven. I am on the top of the list for an S4 but I am debating whether I should get that or an M-Coupe. I know they are different cars and I think the S4 gives you a lot more car for your money than the M-Coupe ( quattro, HID, climate control ) but I am annoyed at the fact that I don't know what option are included on the S4 and the pricing will be. My dealer said they won't know until a couple of weeks before they're shipped. <br>: Another thing that I don't particularly like is that I would be paying MSRP for the S4 but I could get a decent break on an M-Coupe.<br>: And the M-Coupe is more distinctive than the S4.<br>: Any thoughts on this ?<p></i>

costasz
05-02-1999, 10:40 AM
AoA is my problem. They are not sure of anything. I am not particularly set on getting a BMW or Audi. Either will do. Germans make the best cars and those two marks make the most fun German cars. I am leaning towards the M-Coupe since we're keeping the A4 for the wife.<br>I was wondering if you were able to get a good deal on the M Coupe.<br>Thanks again.<br>

Josh K
05-02-1999, 02:47 PM
Cash price, with sunroof and in-dash CD. The lease price was $40,800, but I expect the residual to stay strong so I didn't lease. I think it was a pretty good deal, especially since my dealer special ordered the car for me. You should expect about $2K off list on a '00, and maybe more off a '99 (if you can find one). Good luck with whatever car you choose.<p><br><i>: AoA is my problem. They are not sure of anything. I am not particularly set on getting a BMW or Audi. Either will do. Germans make the best cars and those two marks make the most fun German cars. I am leaning towards the M-Coupe since we're keeping the A4 for the wife.<br>: I was wondering if you were able to get a good deal on the M Coupe.<br>: Thanks again.<p></i>

costasz
05-02-1999, 04:33 PM
-

Sean XX
05-02-1999, 05:07 PM
<i>: : -<br>: : <br>: : If your looking for fun, get the Coupe. If you want practicality, then get the S4. Consider this: the M Coupe will blast from 0-60 in 5.1-5.3 seconds. An S4 takes about 6.2-6.5 seconds.<p>: : The S4 is the ultimate "sleeper". The Coupe is the world's best attention getter.<p>: : J.D.<p></i>

Steve S.
05-02-1999, 05:16 PM
First off...you traitor :-) Just joking...glad you found something that fit the bill. I am still smitten on AWD. That being said, I was trying to spring for the S4..but I just don't think I can swing it financially (private school for the kids, mortgage, etc). So, I am opting for a 2000 A4 1.8TQM with a Stage 2 or 3 package. I will be selling my car just after the end of the year. I really need to have four doors, and and M3 is just too expensive...<p>If you did sell your 96...did you take off the aftermarket stuff first? What did you get for it?<p>Thanks.<p>Steve S.

CoupeDude
05-05-1999, 04:44 PM
<i>: : : -<br>: : : <br>: : : If your looking for fun, get the Coupe. If you want practicality, then get the S4. Consider this: the M Coupe will blast from 0-60 in 5.1-5.3 seconds. An S4 takes about 6.2-6.5 seconds.<p>: : : The S4 is the ultimate "sleeper". The Coupe is the world's best attention getter.<p>: : : J.D.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index