Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Simon
05-03-1999, 05:43 PM
I know that there are HUD (Head up displays) MODs available for some of the Japanese cars over in Asia...<p>It's personal preference really... but I really want a HUD for my Mcoupe... Does anyone know where can I get one?<p><br>ArcSil Mcouper..

Jeff360
05-03-1999, 10:13 PM
Simon - <p>I guess it really is a matter of personal preference, but I tested the '99 Corvette with HUD, and unless I was going to be on the race track often, I thought at best it was a expensive novelty or at worst, an expensive nuisance. Then again, I can understand wanting to soup up one's coupe toy machine as much as possible. <p>Jeff<p><br><i>: I know that there are HUD (Head up displays) MODs available for some of the Japanese cars over in Asia...<p>: It's personal preference really... but I really want a HUD for my Mcoupe... Does anyone know where can I get one?<p>: <br>: ArcSil Mcouper..<p></i>

CoupeDude
05-04-1999, 03:24 PM
Please post back here if you find out info on that. I imagine it would be insanely expensive. It takes a lot of candle power to display something readable in sunlight.<p><i>: I know that there are HUD (Head up displays) MODs available for some of the Japanese cars over in Asia...<p>: It's personal preference really... but I really want a HUD for my Mcoupe... Does anyone know where can I get one?<p>: <br>: ArcSil Mcouper..<p></i>

Jamie Hankins
05-17-1999, 01:33 AM
The HUD is the main reason I was really considering a C5 over an M Coupe. What can I say? I'm a gadget freak. If I could do this in an M Coupe for less than $2K in a quality way, of course, then I'd jump at it!<p>Me at the meetings: "Hi, I'm Jamie Hankins, and I'm a gadget-a-holic. It's been two days since I blew money on gadgets, but it's really hard."<br>The crowd: "Hi Jamie!"<p>Of course, the M Coupe isn't in hand yet (Yellow w/black interior). The dealer is still working on getting me a deal structured that I'll go for. The wife is pushing me towards a yellow M3 instead. Also, I'm not happy about them only wanting to pay $13K for my '93 RX-7 w/new engine and turbos. (2800lbs + 255hp == 0 - 60 4.9)<p>I may yet bag out and get the 'Vette. I sure loved driving that M, though. I'm surprised I haven't seen this comparison before, but the M Coupe "felt" a lot like my RX-7 from the inside, except for the slight turbo lag (that grows on you) :-).

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index