Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mr M Coupe
05-09-1999, 11:53 AM
I was driving today and decided to floor my M Coupe just to stretch its legs... <br>Well, the car sped up to the light, but then as I stopped the RPM's were hanging at around 2500...... <br>My leg was off the gas, but the traction control was off.....<br>I tried to switc on the tractions contorl and then off just to see if the rpm's will drop....but nothing happened...<br>After a few seconds....everything was normal.....<br>I tried to floor it again, but it did not pull that hard... <br>What's wrong.. <br>Is there a current bulletin on it or...??!?!?!<br>Help... I want my baby to be fine again.. <br>Thanks .... <br>Mr M coupe

bill
05-10-1999, 01:24 PM
In this month's Road and track they did a short take on the new 3 series coupe. They said that the double vanous (sp) caused the revs to drop more slowly than before, as if it had a heavier fly wheel. This may be what you are experiencing, or I may be talking a load of bull.<br>Bill

DCC
05-11-1999, 08:02 AM
The M Coupe does not have double VANOS.<p>Dan<p><p><br><i>: In this month's Road and track they did a short take on the new 3 series coupe. They said that the double vanous (sp) caused the revs to drop more slowly than before, as if it had a heavier fly wheel. This may be what you are experiencing, or I may be talking a load of bull.<br>: Bill<p></i>

eom M Sipe
05-11-1999, 05:10 PM
<i>: The M Coupe does not have double VANOS.<p>: Dan<p><br>: <br>: : In this month's Road and track they did a short take on the new 3 series coupe. They said that the double vanous (sp) caused the revs to drop more slowly than before, as if it had a heavier fly wheel. This may be what you are experiencing, or I may be talking a load of bull.<br>: : Bill<p></i>

Andy T
05-14-1999, 01:49 AM
The problem is caused, anecdotally, by OBD-II. Other market's cars are not saddled with this ridiculous federal requirement, but the new E36s do have heavier flywheels and are slow to idle down. I fear you may have to learn to drive around this idiosyncracy.<p>Andy T<p><i>: In this month's Road and track they did a short take on the new 3 series coupe. They said that the double vanous (sp) caused the revs to drop more slowly than before, as if it had a heavier fly wheel. This may be what you are experiencing, or I may be talking a load of bull.<br>: Bill<p></i>

Andy T
05-14-1999, 01:50 AM
I meant to say new E46s, of course. <p>AT<p>: ... the new E36s do have heavier flywheels...<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index