Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Scott
05-10-1999, 04:27 PM
I have been saving for a car for a while and I'm thinking about the M-coupe, used for me. I'm just curious about the potential for the engine, I know there are big turbos for the M3 but how bout the m-coupe?? I know they have the same engine but the engine bay seems a lot tighter in the m coupe(intercooler placement??). I have been looking at the autowerkes turbo's and they look very tempting. I am kind of leaning toward a turbo instead of an SC because it seems like that you can more power out of the car. I want to have a project cat that will last me for years, do you think the M-coupe will be a great car to do it in?? thanks for all the input<p>Scott

Bruce
05-10-1999, 09:31 PM
<i>: I have been saving for a car for a while and I'm thinking about the M-coupe, used for me. I'm just curious about the potential for the engine, I know there are big turbos for the M3 but how bout the m-coupe?? I know they have the same engine but the engine bay seems a lot tighter in the m coupe(intercooler placement??). I have been looking at the autowerkes turbo's and they look very tempting. I am kind of leaning toward a turbo instead of an SC because it seems like that you can more power out of the car. I want to have a project cat that will last me for years, do you think the M-coupe will be a great car to do it in?? thanks for all the input</i><p>The woman that runs the E36 M3 list just took off her Mech Tech turbo due to problems getting to work properly (mainly the software)...whe is selling it if you want it, but i think she is looking for an OBDI car<p>YMMV

Matt Powell
05-14-1999, 08:41 PM
<i>: I have been saving for a car for a while and I'm thinking about the M-coupe, used for me. I'm just curious about the potential for the engine, I know there are big turbos for the M3 but how bout the m-coupe?? I know they have the same engine but the engine bay seems a lot tighter in the m coupe(intercooler placement??). I have been looking at the autowerkes turbo's and they look very tempting. I am kind of leaning toward a turbo instead of an SC because it seems like that you can more power out of the car. I want to have a project cat that will last me for years, do you think the M-coupe will be a great car to do it in?? thanks for all the input<p>: Scott<p></i><br><br><br>My two cents - go with a supercharger, if you get the ///M Coupe. I can't remember the name of the company (Racing Marque?), but in a recent European Car, they had an article about a supercharged ///M Roadster, that with no other mods was putting out a bit over 300bhp/300ft/lb - the only numbers they had was that 0-60 came in ~4.1 seconds. <br><br>Perhaps I'm a wuss, but that's more than enough power, IMHO. :) Superchargers also seem to spread the power more evenly over the power band, making for a better daily driver.<br><br>And finally, BMWs are excellent for long-term project cars due to their reliability and huge following. HTH

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index