Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ken
05-12-1999, 12:33 PM
late at night, drove my m to 140mph (according to speedo) on the highway. to my surprise, the coupe felt very stable, not light footed at all. the high speed cruise was much more confidence inspiring than in my 993 porsche c2. can anybody comment on this? is it the suspension, or down force? thanks

HappyJoe
05-12-1999, 05:27 PM
Hey you ****** rich *** bastard you can take your porsche and your beemer and take straight up your goddam urethra, we dosen take no nicitys to youse kind out hers whers i bees froms ?

Salil Saxena
05-13-1999, 10:19 AM
<i>: late at night, drove my m to 140mph (according to speedo) on the highway. to my surprise, the coupe felt very stable, not light footed at all. the high speed cruise was much more confidence inspiring than in my 993 porsche c2. can anybody comment on this? is it the suspension, or down force? thanks<br></i><p>I had mine upto 135 indicated (was trying to hit the speed limiter). However, unlike you I felt the front end does get light and it hunts a lot on the road. Perhaps its the roads around here (Northern CA), but my 91 Lotus Elan doesn't hunt around nearly as much at the same speed.

CoupeDude
05-13-1999, 11:24 AM
Had my Z Coupe up to 126, acceleration was starting to slow down at that speed. My guess is it wouldn't do much more then the limiter, perhaps 140 if there is enough road.<p>Anyway, I was very impressed with how stable and solid it was. Very comfortable and confident at that speed. The road that I was on was very smooth though.<p><p><i>: : late at night, drove my m to 140mph (according to speedo) on the highway. to my surprise, the coupe felt very stable, not light footed at all. the high speed cruise was much more confidence inspiring than in my 993 porsche c2. can anybody comment on this? is it the suspension, or down force? thanks<p>: I had mine upto 135 indicated (was trying to hit the speed limiter). However, unlike you I felt the front end does get light and it hunts a lot on the road. Perhaps its the roads around here (Northern CA), but my 91 Lotus Elan doesn't hunt around nearly as much at the same speed.<p></i>

Josh S
05-13-1999, 01:04 PM
<i>: : late at night, drove my m to 140mph (according to speedo) on the highway. to my surprise, the coupe felt very stable, not light footed at all. the high speed cruise was much more confidence inspiring than in my 993 porsche c2. can anybody comment on this? is it the suspension, or down force? thanks<p>: I had mine upto 135 indicated (was trying to hit the speed limiter). However, unlike you I felt the front end does get light and it hunts a lot on the road. Perhaps its the roads around here (Northern CA), but my 91 Lotus Elan doesn't hunt around nearly as much at the same speed.<p></i><p>Likewise, I felt the same uneasiness late one night in the central valley of CA on I-5. Starting at about 120, it started to "hunt". Over 125 or so, lots and lots of power left, but the steering was definitely light. I didn't take it faster, it just didn't instill confidence.<p>Salil, maybe you and I have too little toe-in in the front.<p>Josh

Been there. Grow up.
05-13-1999, 08:13 PM
<i>: Rich *** bastards? It wasn't 10 years ago when I was making $3.65 an hour.<p>If you have a dream, and are WILLING to work hard, you can accomplish anything.<br></i>

Steve
05-13-1999, 09:00 PM
<i>: : late at night, drove my m to 140mph (according to speedo) on the highway. to my surprise, the coupe felt very stable, not light footed at all. the high speed cruise was much more confidence inspiring than in my 993 porsche c2. can anybody comment on this? is it the suspension, or down force? thanks<p>: I had mine upto 135 indicated (was trying to hit the speed limiter). However, unlike you I felt the front end does get light and it hunts a lot on the road. Perhaps its the roads around here (Northern CA), but my 91 Lotus Elan doesn't hunt around nearly as much at the same speed.<p></i>If it makes any difference I took my(well not my, it's a long, funny to some, upsetting to others, illegal story)'93 Mercury Sable GS up to about 105 and it felt very stable. The front end wasn't trying to "hunt" around or anything. I was impressed with how it handled itself. Of course, with a Ford speedo that ran out at the peg past 85(i think) i'm not for sure but my buddy behind me clocked me at over 100. <p>I just found it interesting is all. At 140 though, now that's a different story.<p>Steve

Andy T
05-14-1999, 01:46 AM
Check out his e-mail address. Hyuk, Hyuk. <p>Andy T<p><i>: Hey you ****** rich *** bastard you can take your porsche and your beemer and take straight up your goddam urethra, we dosen take no nicitys to youse kind out hers whers i bees froms ?<p></i>

Salil Saxena
05-14-1999, 10:51 PM
<i>:<br>: : I had mine upto 135 indicated (was trying to hit the speed limiter). However, unlike you I felt the front end does get light and it hunts a lot on the road. Perhaps its the roads around here (Northern CA), but my 91 Lotus Elan doesn't hunt around nearly as much at the same speed.<p><br>: Likewise, I felt the same uneasiness late one night in the central valley of CA on I-5. Starting at about 120, it started to "hunt". Over 125 or so, lots and lots of power left, but the steering was definitely light. I didn't take it faster, it just didn't instill confidence.<p>: Salil, maybe you and I have too little toe-in in the front.<p>: Josh<br></i><p>I think you are right Josh. I had mine aligned several times. Perhaps we could share alignment data.<p>I am taking it and my Elan to Thunderhill this weekend (GGLotus track day) and will see how the M Coupe performs.

costasz
05-27-1999, 10:56 PM
-

costasz
05-27-1999, 10:58 PM
Still breaking my 99 M Coupe in but<br>a couple of months ago I got my 95 Talon Tsi AWD<br>up to 140 and it felt ok. The brakes sucked when I tried to slow down but stability and steering was great.<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index