Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Josh Armantrout
05-13-1999, 09:05 AM
Hi all,<p>I'm taking my M Coupe in for it's first scheduled oil change tommorrow. I have 7400 miles and the just dropped down to the last green light left. Is there anything that I should know? Anything I should watch or ask for?<p>I'm going to have them do the software upgrade for the cold start. <p>I changed the oil at about 3500 miles using synthetic. I know that they are supposed to use synthetic at the dealer. I understand that they use it only if you ask for it. Does anyone have a TSB or something else doccumenting this? just wondering in case of a problem. Also, my dealer (Concours in Milwaukee) has some sort of licensing agreement with Castrol and only uses their products. Is this a big deal?<p>Any help would be appreciated. <p>Thanks,<br> --Josh

CoupeDude
05-13-1999, 11:27 AM
Perhaps it is the M Engine. My Coupe just passed 10,000 miles yesterday and I still have two green bars? Hmm. I've changed the oil twice now at the dealer.<p>I beleive they use BMW Long Life oil? I think I read that somewhere.<p><i>: Hi all,<p>: I'm taking my M Coupe in for it's first scheduled oil change tommorrow. I have 7400 miles and the just dropped down to the last green light left. Is there anything that I should know? Anything I should watch or ask for?<p>: I'm going to have them do the software upgrade for the cold start. <p>: I changed the oil at about 3500 miles using synthetic. I know that they are supposed to use synthetic at the dealer. I understand that they use it only if you ask for it. Does anyone have a TSB or something else doccumenting this? just wondering in case of a problem. Also, my dealer (Concours in Milwaukee) has some sort of licensing agreement with Castrol and only uses their products. Is this a big deal?<p>: Any help would be appreciated. <p>: Thanks,<br>: --Josh<p></i>

HSV-DAN
05-14-1999, 07:12 AM
If there are any green lights on, it's not time yet. My dealer won't do the services until you get the yellow light. Near 9000 mi on my M. They do use the BMW synthetic.<p><i>: Hi all,<p>: I'm taking my M Coupe in for it's first scheduled oil change tommorrow. I have 7400 miles and the just dropped down to the last green light left. Is there anything that I should know? Anything I should watch or ask for?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index