Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

costasz
05-13-1999, 07:48 PM
I have to say, this is a great car !<br>A couple of questions that I am unclear on.<br>The asc light on means asc is on or off ?<br>the manual is not user friendly.<br>There's a fan/humming noise emanating in the cabin even with the a/c fan set to 0. What's that ?<br>What's the deal with mirrors ? I like their look but they lack in coverage especially where the blind spot is.<p>p.s. How cool is it to have people gaulking and not seeing yourself coming and going ? Also hauling *** from 90+ is way cool.<br>

Steve
05-13-1999, 08:54 PM
<i>: I have to say, this is a great car !<br>: A couple of questions that I am unclear on.<br>: The asc light on means asc is on or off ?<br>: the manual is not user friendly.<br>: There's a fan/humming noise emanating in the cabin even with the a/c fan set to 0. What's that ?<br>: What's the deal with mirrors ? I like their look but they lack in coverage especially where the blind spot is.<p>: p.s. How cool is it to have people gaulking and not seeing yourself coming and going ? Also hauling *** from 90+ is way cool.<p></i>

D///Mill
05-14-1999, 08:42 AM
Beat'cha! Got my 2000 Titanium Silver with black interior "M coupe" on Wednesday, the 12th! Have already put Keith's Stone Guards on and will be putting the "Invinca-shield" of "X-Pel" on the front spoiler area next week. Gotta order some wheel locks, McGard part number 27178 I think ... gotta confirm that.<p>To answer your questions:<br>When the ASC light is on ... the ASC has been turned off. If you turn it off, it defaults to being "On" the next time you start your Coupe.<p>The fan is a cooling fan for the cars computer, as I understand. There's been some "chat" on this topic before, saying that it is a little louder than desired. I think I can live with it.<p>Blind spots? I don't find any real more blind spots with the Coupe as with any other car. It's always best to turn you head anyway when changing lanes. The "green house" visibility is excellent!<p>90+ already?! Watch that break-in RPM! NO higher than 4500 for the 1st 1200 miles, right? ...although I'm sure you're under 4500 at 90 (I had mine up to almost 80 on an easy pull in 5th).<p>Gawd ... I still pinch myself once in awhile to make sure I'm not dreaming. You too?<p>Take care and enjoy! <br>

CoupeDude
05-14-1999, 12:52 PM
Congrats Costaz!<p><i>: I have to say, this is a great car !</i><p>No, you don't have to, it goes without saying! ;)<p><i><br>: A couple of questions that I am unclear on.<br>: The asc light on means asc is on or off ?<br></i><p>When light is on then it is off. That light is WAY to bright, especially at night. I can handle it in the day. I think I might look into getting a dimmer light.<p><i><p>: What's the deal with mirrors ? I like their look but they lack in coverage especially where the blind spot is.<br></i><p>The M mirrors are more rounded then the Z3 mirrors. There was an M Coupe driver who swapped out the M rear view mirror for the Z3 rear view. I might agree with the rear view, but the M Coupe side mirrors are very sharp looking.<br><i><p>: p.s. How cool is it to have people gaulking and not seeing yourself coming and going ? Also hauling *** from 90+ is way cool.<p></i><p>In general it is very cool seeing an M Coupe drive by. Get used to the gauking it happens everywhere. Lots of fun most of the time, but sometimes I want to be more subdued.<p>Have fun, and restrain yourself untill you get to about 2,000 or so. It's tough. Accelerating hard a few times during break in won't hurt anything, but should avoided. I did perhaps three or four full throttle starts after about 750 miles.<p>I was takeing a girl for a ride and she said she wanted to see why BMWs were so hyped, and I had to oblige. :)<p>-Anthony<br><a href = "http://www.bluemtn.com/anthony/coupe.html">99 Z3 Coupe 2.8</a>

DCC
05-14-1999, 01:05 PM
Did you end up doing owner'c choice or purchasing?<br>What were the terms?<p>Dan<p><p><br><i>: I have to say, this is a great car !<br>: A couple of questions that I am unclear on.<br>: The asc light on means asc is on or off ?<br>: the manual is not user friendly.<br>: There's a fan/humming noise emanating in the cabin even with the a/c fan set to 0. What's that ?<br>: What's the deal with mirrors ? I like their look but they lack in coverage especially where the blind spot is.<p>: p.s. How cool is it to have people gaulking and not seeing yourself coming and going ? Also hauling *** from 90+ is way cool.<p></i>

costasz
05-14-1999, 01:32 PM
I wanted to play it by ear. If the car holds its value I might buy it at the end, otherwise I'll have to convince BMW financing to cut me a deal and buy it for the then fair market value.

costasz
05-14-1999, 01:35 PM
He said just don't redline it too often in the beginning. Anyway 90+ mph is almost 4000 rpm.<br>People at work were awed by it. They said thy've never seen anything like it. I haven't seen another one yet. Mine is the only one cruising around in the vicinity. Stamford/Greenwich CT.<p>

dp
05-14-1999, 06:48 PM
the manual does advise staying below 5000 rpm / 100mph for the first 2000 miles or so. coincidentally, 5000 rpm IS about 100 mph in fifth - found that out on the second day after i got mine. opinions vary, but 2K miles go quick - so i followed the recommended procedure and took a couple of road trips (they also advise avoiding prolonged operation at constant rpm - so if i found myself on the freeway, i'd go between 4th and 5th - and had some fun with traffic)...<p><br><i>: He said just don't redline it too often in the beginning. Anyway 90+ mph is almost 4000 rpm.<br>: People at work were awed by it. They said thy've never seen anything like it. I haven't seen another one yet. Mine is the only one cruising around in the vicinity. Stamford/Greenwich CT.<p></i>

Siper2
05-15-1999, 07:56 AM
...you can get rectangular or circular ones to stick to the outside mirrors. They eliminate blind spots.<p>The circular ones I think look better; I have the rectangulars on my car and don't mind them. You can pick them up for about $1.50/each at an auto parts store.<p>-S2-

J.D.
05-15-1999, 10:05 PM
<br>: : I have to say, this is a great car !<br>: : A couple of questions that I am unclear on.<br>: : The asc light on means asc is on or off ?<br>: : the manual is not user friendly.<br>: : There's a fan/humming noise emanating in the cabin even with the a/c fan set to 0. What's that ?<br>: : What's the deal with mirrors ? I like their look but they lack in coverage especially where the blind spot is.<p>: : p.s. How cool is it to have people gaulking and not seeing yourself coming and going ? Also hauling *** from 90+ is way cool.<p>

J.D.
05-15-1999, 10:20 PM
...posted in the wrong thread. I don't know how that happened, I haven't even read this thread!!!<p>J.D.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index