Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Zelig
05-15-1999, 02:06 AM
I remember someone having trouble sending his MCOUPE through the car wash rails some time ago. Something about the rear wheels scratching. Anyone else encounter any of this? I've stayed clear, but am curious...<p>Many thanks,<br>Zelig

Steve
05-15-1999, 05:12 PM
<i>: I remember someone having trouble sending his MCOUPE through the car wash rails some time ago. Something about the rear wheels scratching. Anyone else encounter any of this? I've stayed clear, but am curious...<p>: Many thanks,<br>: Zelig<p></i>I've encountered the same kinda thing and not with a BMW. The rails are just a dangerous thing when you think about it. Avoid them if you can, hand wash it. The car wasn't lined up exactly right and it was "persuaded" into place when the rear wheels tried to follow where they were being directed. It pains me to think about it, and it was on a Ford! So beware, and those places are about as bad as valets for taking responsibility.<p>Steve<br>Bimmer owner to be

dp
05-15-1999, 11:09 PM
the rims ARE very vulnerable because rear tires are too narrow (the 9" wheel needs 255's). from what i've heard they are impossible to fix and very difficult to replace - not to mention expensive.<p><i>: I remember someone having trouble sending his MCOUPE through the car wash rails some time ago. Something about the rear wheels scratching. Anyone else encounter any of this? I've stayed clear, but am curious...<p>: Many thanks,<br>: Zelig<p></i>

JJB
05-17-1999, 02:35 PM
<i>: I remember someone having trouble sending his MCOUPE through the car wash rails some time ago. Something about the rear wheels scratching. Anyone else encounter any of this? I've stayed clear, but am curious...<p>: Many thanks,<br>: Zelig<p></i> I was the one who had the problem. The car wash gave me a check to replace the wheel but I am actively looking for a used replacement without curb rash. Let me know if you know of someone who wants to sell one. I now have three curb rashed wheels...one more and I will have a set of racing wheels :)

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index