Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

blue devil
05-18-1999, 05:55 PM
i recently notic a tendency for my coupe to pull to the right. so, wanting my car to be perfect, i took it to the dealer and had it inspected from head to toe, so to speak. they told me that every thing is perfect, all the allignment, camber, tire pressure, rims, steering wheel, anything that might cause a pull is checked. is any one else experiencing the same problem. i am not talking about a huge pull, but only slightly. however, it one can notice it. thanks for any input!!!!

Jeff360
05-18-1999, 06:02 PM
I have experience this slight right pull effect also, for I noticed on straigh roads I was holding the steering wheel at an angle. When I would later try to check it by releasing the wheel, this effect was not always there. I, too, and interested in hearing others' feedback.<p><br><i>: i recently notic a tendency for my coupe to pull to the right. so, wanting my car to be perfect, i took it to the dealer and had it inspected from head to toe, so to speak. they told me that every thing is perfect, all the allignment, camber, tire pressure, rims, steering wheel, anything that might cause a pull is checked. is any one else experiencing the same problem. i am not talking about a huge pull, but only slightly. however, it one can notice it. thanks for any input!!!! <p></i>

dp
05-18-1999, 06:38 PM
my car came with the steering wheel slightly misaligned - the dealer fixed it easily. if this is the case, letting go of the wheel will not cause the car to deviate from its course, it will just keep tracking straight with wheel slightly turned. since you say the wheel was checked, it is not likely to be the problem...<p>the other possibility is that the car is simply following the crown of the road, which is normal and present (to varying degree, dependent primarily on caster setting) in all cars. if that is the case you will notice the pull on some roads but not others (usually on city streets but much less on freeways). the M coupe has a greater caster setting than non-M cars and is more prone to this behavior.<p><br><i>: i recently notic a tendency for my coupe to pull to the right. so, wanting my car to be perfect, i took it to the dealer and had it inspected from head to toe, so to speak. they told me that every thing is perfect, all the allignment, camber, tire pressure, rims, steering wheel, anything that might cause a pull is checked. is any one else experiencing the same problem. i am not talking about a huge pull, but only slightly. however, it one can notice it. thanks for any input!!!! <p></i>

Frank
05-19-1999, 07:06 AM
Have the same problem that gets more noticible the greater the speed. I have tried different lanes thinking the road crown affected the steering but have a definate pull to the right at all times and all road surfaces. I very carefully checked tire pressures just to be sure tires were not the problem also. Dealer checked alignment and adjusted the toe but this did not make much difference. I have another appt. for alignment, hopefully they can find something and correct it.

blue devil
05-19-1999, 10:35 AM
<i>: Have the same problem that gets more noticible the greater the speed. I have tried different lanes thinking the road crown affected the steering but have a definate pull to the right at all times and all road surfaces. I very carefully checked tire pressures just to be sure tires were not the problem also. Dealer checked alignment and adjusted the toe but this did not make much difference. I have another appt. for alignment, hopefully they can find something and correct it.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index