Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Vince
05-22-1999, 01:50 AM
I posted a message some time ago about adjustable front camber/caster plates for my 2.8 coupe.<p>I have noticed that the M version of the Z3, both coupe and roadster, have front a different strut mount which add lots of caster to the steering by displacing the top of the strut rearward in the strut towers. <p>I was wondering if it is possible to put the M strut mounts on a non-M coupe or roadster, to add caster to them as well. Is it a direct bolt-on or are there other parts which would have be changed in order for them to fit and work properly? <p>While they are not adjustable, they would accomplish the same thing and are BMW parts. <p>Vince<p>99 Z3 2.8 coupe

bmwjon
05-22-1999, 03:33 AM
<i>: I posted a message some time ago about adjustable front camber/caster plates for my 2.8 coupe.<p>: I have noticed that the M version of the Z3, both coupe and roadster, have front a different strut mount which add lots of caster to the steering by displacing the top of the strut rearward in the strut towers. <p>: I was wondering if it is possible to put the M strut mounts on a non-M coupe or roadster, to add caster to them as well. Is it a direct bolt-on or are there other parts which would have be changed in order for them to fit and work properly? <p>: While they are not adjustable, they would accomplish the same thing and are BMW parts. <p>: Vince<p>: 99 Z3 2.8 coupe<p></i>I got a set of adjustable camber plates from Turner Motorsports(along with H&r springs). Will set the camber a -2 1/4 degrees and the car works great. No more problem with blistering the left front at the track. Much better feel to the steerng also

M Sipe
05-22-1999, 11:59 AM
Yes, the M strut tops will bolt on to the other Z3's. You will gain some camber and caster. To get the full amount you will also need the M's offset control arm bushings mounted at the back of the front control arms. However, you will not get as much camber as with the aftermarket strut tops. It just depends what you want, plus the stock parts will probably cost as much or more than aftermarket unless you can find a set used for cheap.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index