Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JG
05-23-1999, 12:36 PM
This car is fantastic, drives awesome, handles great (which we all know)-nuff said.<p>Minor quibbles-no armrest, (I had this same problem on my now gone 99 Vette, except it was on the front windshield)- the water coming out of the rear wiper nozzles is a bit annoying, and I'll bet there is nothing that can be done about it- except emptying the fluid container.<p>I had a Dinan intake installed, airflow meter, throttle body, ECU upgrade- nice stuff (bit pricey)- my engine check light came on Sat. morning (didn't take long)- so back to the dealer in a few days.<p>Onlookers- most people love the car, got a bunch of "wow", "holy Sh*t", "look at that", "what is it", and a whole slew of baffled confused looks-alot of people don't know what it is. Did get two people yelling "ugly".<p>Overall the car is great, don't regret the tradeup, this car is everything my 95 M3 wasn't. <p>

Scott
05-23-1999, 04:08 PM
Please keep us informed as to the cause of the check engine light. Ask the tech for the engine code number and what it means.

Josh S
05-23-1999, 09:15 PM
<i>The water coming out of the rear wiper nozzles is a bit annoying, and I'll bet there is nothing that can be done about it- except emptying the fluid container.<br></i><p>You know, my M Coupe (9/98 delivery) has had pretty much every problem that anyone else on this board has had (and more, no one else keeps blowing fuse 33, right?), but I don't have this one. So it's somehow possible to get a rear washer that both works and doesn't leak. I have no idea what the secret is.<p>Josh<p>: I had a Dinan intake installed, airflow meter, throttle body, ECU upgrade- nice stuff (bit pricey)- my engine check light came on Sat. morning (didn't take long)- so back to the dealer in a few days.<p>: Onlookers- most people love the car, got a bunch of "wow", "holy Sh*t", "look at that", "what is it", and a whole slew of baffled confused looks-alot of people don't know what it is. Did get two people yelling "ugly".<p>: Overall the car is great, don't regret the tradeup, this car is everything my 95 M3 wasn't. <p></i>

JonM
05-24-1999, 09:16 AM
See link below.<p>Jon Maddux<br>The Leather Armrest Guy<p>PS - Congrats on the new Coupe. I think it is one of the most beautiful cars on the road.

JG
05-25-1999, 04:28 PM
due to the engine fuel mixture (from what the mechanic can tell)- had to do with the Dinan upgrade not jiving with everything else. He said if the light comes on again, he will need the car for the day-Please light, don't come back on!

dp
05-25-1999, 06:26 PM
i was warned by the dealer (and the manual) that if the engine is run with the gas cap not completely sealed the light might come on. could it be the case here? i always recheck the cap after gas station attendants close it (we have mini-serve in oregon) and found it not tight twice....<p><i>: due to the engine fuel mixture (from what the mechanic can tell)- had to do with the Dinan upgrade not jiving with everything else. He said if the light comes on again, he will need the car for the day-Please light, don't come back on!<p></i>

JG
05-25-1999, 07:04 PM
that was the very first thing I checked- the only people it could have been were the service guys filling up the car, because I was still on my first tank of gas (believe it or not)- but yes, the gas cap setup is very sensitive to the "check engine" system from what I hear.

Mike S
06-07-1999, 07:30 PM
I picked up my '00 M Coupe two Fridays ago and I have the dealer working on this problem as well. If you've had any success I'd appreciate knowing what the fix is.<p>Mike

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index