Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

CoupeDude
05-24-1999, 01:18 PM
My hatch won't latch anymore. I can hear a piece moving inside of the assembly when I open and shut it. Anyone else have this happen?<br>

HSV-DAN
05-24-1999, 01:25 PM
Is this the same "won't open from the button, requires the key" we talked about way down the list here? Or, is it new "won't latch when closed" problem? <p>My latch broke for a second time, this weekend at Road Atlanta. Have to use the key to get the hatch open. The first time, it was fixed in a week or two. Parts to be ordered.<p><i>: My hatch won't latch anymore. I can hear a piece moving inside of the assembly when I open and shut it. Anyone else have this happen?<p></i>

CoupeDude
05-25-1999, 01:23 PM
No, the thing wouldn't latch shut at all. A part had to be ordered but my service advisor told me that there is a redesigned latch on the way and he wants to put it on my car when it's available.<p>-Anthony<p><i>: Is this the same "won't open from the button, requires the key" we talked about way down the list here? Or, is it new "won't latch when closed" problem? <p>: My latch broke for a second time, this weekend at Road Atlanta. Have to use the key to get the hatch open. The first time, it was fixed in a week or two. Parts to be ordered.<p>: : My hatch won't latch anymore. I can hear a piece moving inside of the assembly when I open and shut it. Anyone else have this happen?<p></i>

DAC
05-25-1999, 01:32 PM
Did your service advisor say when the new latch would be available? Is it being included on Y2K models?

CoupeDude
05-25-1999, 07:23 PM
He didn't give me any indication. I would imagine that the defective hatch is on Y2K, because if it were available then I don't see why BMW would waste the money installing a part in my car that they are going to have to replace again. I guess everyone is going to have to get a new one.<p>No big deal though, I certainly wouldn't let it stop me from buying if I were you.<p>-Anthony<p><i>: Did your service advisor say when the new latch would be available? Is it being included on Y2K models?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index