Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

HSV-DAN
05-24-1999, 07:41 PM
Thought I would see more of the SE Coupe contingent at the Peachtree Road Atlanta school. The only other Coupe was a black on black Global Imports car. (Working at some dealerships has it's perks.) TC Kline had his Z3 race cars there for the club race. And, a 2.8 owner came by and chatted, didn't have the car with him though. Wayne and Amy were at the dinner Saturday night, that's one sharp Z3 she has. <p>The car was fabulous on the track, very easy to control at any speed. The instructor was great too, he had as much fun as I did, FASTER, FASTER!!! The V8 Lotus never caught us. The Dunlops gave up mid-day Sunday, overheated them and slid all over the track. Before that, it was nice. <p>Dan

Bruce
05-26-1999, 09:32 AM
<i>: Thought I would see more of the SE Coupe contingent at the Peachtree Road Atlanta school. The only other Coupe was a black on black Global Imports car. (Working at some dealerships has it's perks.) TC Kline had his Z3 race cars there for the club race. And, a 2.8 owner came by and chatted, didn't have the car with him though. Wayne and Amy were at the dinner Saturday night, that's one sharp Z3 she has. <p>: The car was fabulous on the track, very easy to control at any speed. The instructor was great too, he had as much fun as I did, FASTER, FASTER!!! The V8 Lotus never caught us. The Dunlops gave up mid-day Sunday, overheated them and slid all over the track. Before that, it was nice. </i><p>I was there (talked to Wayne and Amy for a bit at dinner saturday night). I didn't hear anybody was going there so I didn't look. I was with a black E21 club racer as well as the black 2002, red E30, blue E36 M3 and white 2002 (they were all parked in basically the same place (across the road from both M coupes that were in the DE). <p>Road Atlanta is track I will have to run. I got to do some parade laps in a Suburban and got teh OK Monday to do some hot laps with and instructor but I was too busy to find one. The tape of the track we got does not to the track justice. The hill after the bridge and before 12 is a big leap of faith huh?<p>Oh well, sorry we didn;t hook up.

HSV-DAN
05-26-1999, 01:57 PM
I checked with every Z there! I drive the silver Coupe that was down at the end. It is a fabulous track, I've been going for many years now. Under the bridge through 11 is a blast. The good news is that the track is always right there where you left it. Just don't lift when going down that steep hill. <p>Maybe you can make the fall class. <p>Dan<p><i><br>: I was there (talked to Wayne and Amy for a bit at dinner saturday night). I didn't hear anybody was going there so I didn't look. I was with a black E21 club racer as well as the black 2002, red E30, blue E36 M3 and white 2002 (they were all parked in basically the same place (across the road from both M coupes that were in the DE). <p>: Road Atlanta is track I will have to run. I got to do some parade laps in a Suburban and got teh OK Monday to do some hot laps with and instructor but I was too busy to find one. The tape of the track we got does not to the track justice. The hill after the bridge and before 12 is a big leap of faith huh?<p>: Oh well, sorry we didn;t hook up.<p></i>

Bruce
05-26-1999, 02:56 PM
<i>: I checked with every Z there! I drive the silver Coupe that was down at the end. It is a fabulous track, I've been going for many years now. Under the bridge through 11 is a blast. The good news is that the track is always right there where you left it. Just don't lift when going down that steep hill. <p>: Maybe you can make the fall class. </i><p>Sorry for the miscommunication, I rode there in a Suburban towing a trailer with a race car. I didn't drive my roadster there. Too bad they don't let stock roadsters there the track looks like a blast, but the concrete walls are awfully close and a top might be a nice thing to have. The tape we had of the track was the older layout that didn't have the 90 degree turn 10 and 11 complex (it had the apex of 11 under the bridge). Also the tape didn't do the elevation changes justice. As one of the One Lap of America guys said coming down the hill is like being in an elevator when it lets go. Must be even more interesting at speed.

Matthew Powell
05-27-1999, 10:39 PM
<i><br><i>The tape we had of the track was the older layout that didn't have the 90 degree turn 10 and 11 complex (it had the apex of 11 under the bridge). Also the tape didn't do the elevation changes justice. As one of the One Lap of America guys said coming down the hill is like being in an elevator when it lets go. Must be even more interesting at speed. </i><p><br>Just out of curiosity - is this a tape from inside a car or something? If so, where could I order one like this (and similar ones for other tracks) on the 'Net? Too young for an M Coupe (17) and not close to a real track... Ah, four years of school and three years of law school...then I can get a 7-8 year old Coupe and turn it into a track only car. :)

Bruce
05-28-1999, 10:50 AM
<i>: Just out of curiosity - is this a tape from inside a car or something? If so, where could I order one like this (and similar ones for other tracks) on the 'Net? Too young for an M Coupe (17) and not close to a real track... Ah, four years of school and three years of law school...then I can get a 7-8 year old Coupe and turn it into a track only car. :) </i><p>yes it was...the Drive It! video on <a href="http://www.roadatlanta.com/pages/videos.htm">this page</a> is the tape we had...i saw a newer version in the Pro Shop for sale

Matthew Powell
05-29-1999, 05:02 PM
<i>yes it was...the Drive It! video on <a href="http://www.roadatlanta.com/pages/videos.htm">this page</a> is the tape we had...i saw a newer version in the Pro Shop for sale</i><br>Great - thanks for the info. Finally, something interesting to watch instead of bad reruns.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index