Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

coupie robinson
05-28-1999, 12:13 PM
<i> $ 150 to talk about my coupe for an hour, i was contacted by a research firm here in southern cal and asked to talk about why i bought it and then look at other cars like the 911, corvette, and audi TT and comment on what i thought about them. it was very detailed they asked me what i liked about the body, interior etc and if i would consider buying them. I loved the 911 but $65k not right now. The corvette?<br>yea if i drop my I.Q. about 100 pts, grow a cheesy mustache, and have a 5.0 mustang to trade, yikes the interior looks like a gran prix or cavalier pure velveeta. The T.T. is great if you're a 17 yr old girl named "missy" by your friends. Not a day goes past that someone doesn't ask me about my car or comment on it some people think it is totally ugly! i love the reactions it gets positive or otherwise ya gots to have style to own this one.<br></i>

CoupeDude
05-28-1999, 03:18 PM
$150/ hr to talk about cool cars? Hey refer them to me! ;)<p>I'll tend to agree on the Corvette, I've never really driven a muscle car, I don't really understand the appeal, but surely 350 lbs of twist has gotta be fun on some level.<p>The 911 is cool, I prefer the athsthetics of the older one though. The TT is appealing except for the FWD, the quatro will be much cooler.<p>But the M Coupe is certainly the coolest of the bunch.<p>-Anthony<p><i>: $ 150 to talk about my coupe for an hour, i was contacted by a research firm here in southern cal and asked to talk about why i bought it and then look at other cars like the 911, corvette, and audi TT and comment on what i thought about them. it was very detailed they asked me what i liked about the body, interior etc and if i would consider buying them. I loved the 911 but $65k not right now. The corvette?<br>: yea if i drop my I.Q. about 100 pts, grow a cheesy mustache, and have a 5.0 mustang to trade, yikes the interior looks like a gran prix or cavalier pure velveeta. The T.T. is great if you're a 17 yr old girl named "missy" by your friends. Not a day goes past that someone doesn't ask me about my car or comment on it some people think it is totally ugly! i love the reactions it gets positive or otherwise ya gots to have style to own this one.<p></i>

dp
05-28-1999, 05:40 PM
actually, the vettes are very competent cars, and when properly driven will leave the ///M in the dust... except that chevrolet's insistence on appealing to 'traditional corvette audience' creates a feel and an image for the car that virtually precludes the chance of a driving enthusiast buying one (it does happen, but i bet the percentage is dismal). as for 911, i really don't care for the new look, especially the interior. looks too much like a supra. for all the fake retro 'tradition' of the boxster, they could have stuck to the genuine heritage they do have and used the traditional 911 interior design. the tt simply lacks balls in its currently available front-wheel-drive state. a quattro with the s4 twin turbo v6 would be a different story. so of the four cars, (vette, 911, tt, ///M coupe) for me there was only one choice, regardless of money (i could have gotten a 911). ///M coupe rules! and those who think it's ugly are entitled to their incorrect opinions.<p><br><i>: $ 150 to talk about my coupe for an hour, i was contacted by a research firm here in southern cal and asked to talk about why i bought it and then look at other cars like the 911, corvette, and audi TT and comment on what i thought about them. it was very detailed they asked me what i liked about the body, interior etc and if i would consider buying them. I loved the 911 but $65k not right now. The corvette?<br>: yea if i drop my I.Q. about 100 pts, grow a cheesy mustache, and have a 5.0 mustang to trade, yikes the interior looks like a gran prix or cavalier pure velveeta. The T.T. is great if you're a 17 yr old girl named "missy" by your friends. Not a day goes past that someone doesn't ask me about my car or comment on it some people think it is totally ugly! i love the reactions it gets positive or otherwise ya gots to have style to own this one.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index