Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Chris
05-29-1999, 12:58 PM
Has anyone changed their stock seats to racing seats? I tried OMP Evoluzione 1, but the shoulder wing hit the door and the bracket from OMP is not long enough.<p>Any suggestion? Which manufacturer should I get instead? Which one? Which bracket?<p>Thanks!<br>

D///Mill
05-30-1999, 10:27 AM
Unless you're going to convert your Coupe into an "ALL-out" race car ... and looking for some weight savings, I see no reason to change seats. The standard seats in the "///M coupe" have sufficient bolstering for 98% of your needs (I feel). <p>If you're looking for a seat to allow for a racing harness ... ya don't need to. "Speed Ware" in Redmond, Washington, makes a beautiful harness attachment bar that goes across the car at shoulder height behind the seats. The harness bar also serves as an attachment point for our video camera. My friend, Raymond, has one in his yellow Coupe.<p>Again, I could understand your need IF you're going racin' (or just want that race car look).<br>My thoughts ... FWIW.<p></i>

Scott
06-01-1999, 05:44 AM
Chris, I hope you received my e-mail reply yesterday on this and on your other questions.<p>With regards to racing seat in the M coupe, I have the Recaro Pole Position seat installed. T.C. Kline has the seat adapters and rails that positions the seat as far over to the right as possible to center the seat with the steering wheel but the shoulder wing still hits the door. The stock seat shoulder wing measurement is about 2"-3" less than any of the after-market seats I looked at before deciding to go the Recaro direction.<p>I'm a little less than 6' tall, have sat in coupes with and without the sun roof option with a helmet on and there is just not enough head room. The stock seat bottom does not give enough upper leg support for spirited driving or long trips. T.C. Kline's seat adapters and the Recaro seat fix the above; adapters lower the Recaro seat so with a helmet on I pick up about 2", what can I say about the Recaro seat, leg support, hip support, its body support, + harness openings. Another seat that I been told by T.C. Kline that fits is the Recaro SRD. This seat is more like a stock seat but offers many of the features of the Pole Position, plus the seat rake can be adjusted.

HSV-DAN
06-03-1999, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the info. I agree completely that the stock seats are lacking in the thigh support. Very uncomfortable for me on longer drives. <p>I looked at the recaro seats in Klines' cars at Road Atlanta but did not get a good look at the belt attachments. Are you able to use the stock belts with these seats and seat adapters? I want to have harnesses for schools, but use the stock belts for everyday driving.<p>How bad is the interference with the door?<p><i: With regards to racing seat in the M coupe, I have the Recaro Pole Position seat installed. T.C. Kline has the seat adapters and rails that positions the seat as far over to the right as possible to center the seat with the steering wheel but the shoulder wing still hits the door. The stock seat shoulder wing measurement is about 2"-3" less than any of the after-market seats I looked at before deciding to go the Recaro direction.<p><br></i>

dyp
06-11-1999, 11:43 AM
I may be interested in your old ///M Coupe seats if they would mount in my 92 325i, as I thought the coupe seats were very comfortable and definately an improvement over my stock seats. color and mounting ability would be my two primary concerns.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index