Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

costasz
06-01-1999, 06:48 AM
Do I need a software upgrade or is there something else wrong ?

Frank
06-01-1999, 08:10 AM
Check with dealer there is a TSB regarding a software upgrade. This worked wonders on mine.

D///Mill
06-01-1999, 10:30 AM
Frank (or anyone) -<br>Any chance you could get that TSB number for the rest of us so we could have it "ready reference" for our sevice mgr? My 2000 "///M coupe" also exhibits a little "stumble" on cold start-up, but it is minor.<br>Thanks!<br>Doug<p>

costasz
06-01-1999, 10:52 AM
They mentioned that the rough idle is necessary for emmisions purposes and that to get it to be smooth they would have to sacrifice power.<br>Did you feel any difference in power after the software upgrade ?<br>Thanks

Jim
06-01-1999, 11:50 AM
<i>: Do I need a software upgrade or is there something else wrong ?<p></i>I have noticed exactly the same rough idle on my two-week old M Coupe. It recovers quickly, but it is interesting to know mine is not unique.

Paul M.
06-01-1999, 12:20 PM
My '99 M also staggers just after starting. By revving it to 2000 rpm a couple of times, the problem goes away.<p>Paul

DCC
06-01-1999, 02:30 PM
a/c comes on even with the dial at 0?<br>leave the compressor button pressed in<br>your idle will be much smoother that way<p>dan<p><p><br><i>: Do I need a software upgrade or is there something else wrong ?<p></i>

Bruce
06-01-1999, 05:15 PM
<i>: Frank (or anyone) -<br>: Any chance you could get that TSB number for the rest of us so we could have it "ready reference" for our sevice mgr? My 2000 "///M coupe" also exhibits a little "stumble" on cold start-up, but it is minor.</i><p>

Bruce
06-01-1999, 05:17 PM
<i>: They mentioned that the rough idle is necessary for emmisions purposes and that to get it to be smooth they would have to sacrifice power.<br>: Did you feel any difference in power after the software upgrade ?</i><p>that is what somebody speculated and it became gospel, i had it done on my roadster and Alan had it done on his roadster (with dynos for other reasons) and there is no differenece in power after the change<p>if you get it done and you think there is a difference i can;t think of a better excuse to get your car sharked! ;-)

D///Mill
06-01-1999, 07:47 PM
</i>

Mike, Indianapolis
06-01-1999, 07:51 PM
<i>: Frank (or anyone) -<br>: Any chance you could get that TSB number for the rest of us so we could have it "ready reference" for our sevice mgr? My 2000 "///M coupe" also exhibits a little "stumble" on cold start-up, but it is minor.<br>: Thanks!<br>: Doug<p>FYI, I found the TSB at the following url, don't remember how I ran across it:<br>http://www.bmwmpower.com/ServBull/tsb12029.htm<br>My 2000 M Coupe also has this symptom, just the first 1-2 minutes. Service Bulletin says "reprogram the ECM using version P16.0 programming..." Mine's going to the dealer tomorrow <br></i>

costasz
06-02-1999, 08:09 AM
If I do the software update and then shark it would the sharking mess with the software update and bring back the rough idle ?

Bruce
06-02-1999, 08:29 AM
<i>: If I do the software update and then shark it would the sharking mess with the software update and bring back the rough idle ?</i><p>i have never heard any complaints from people that have had their car sharked...i would say no, but i can't say that with 100% certainty but the lack of complaint from customers is good enough for me<p>BTW- do the BMW fix first

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index