Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Roburt Waldow
06-01-1999, 06:16 PM
Does anyone out there have a car cover for an ///M coupe? If so, do you like it? Where did you get it? How much? Thanks in advance.

Jeff360
06-01-1999, 07:30 PM
I use a BMW cover for my 2.8 coupe that I had the dealer throw in. It is the same one available in the dealership parts department. I think it may list for near US$90. <p>Pollen is especially bad here in Georgia and so I used it all the time (pollen on Boston Green is very visible). It is great, and helps keep the car clean between washings and helps slow down the aging process of the interior.<p><br><i>: Does anyone out there have a car cover for an ///M coupe? If so, do you like it? Where did you get it? How much? Thanks in advance.<p></i>

JJB
06-01-1999, 10:02 PM
<i>: Does anyone out there have a car cover for an ///M coupe? If so, do you like it? Where did you get it? How much? Thanks in advance.<p></i>I have a 100% cotton cover special ordered from Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories. Other than their large logo on the front I like the cover very much. I like the fact that it is machine washable because it gets very dirty around the wheels due to tire shine. Make sure that you get something that you can wash easliy.<p>JJB<br>'99 M Coupe<br>Cosmos/Black

D///Mill
06-01-1999, 10:47 PM
I got one from AUTOXTRA Motoring Accessories (800-221-9872)who advertise as the "Car Cover Pros" found in the back of most popular car mags. I've purchased car covers from them before and have never been disappointed. One main reason I like their covers is they have NO huge verbage (read that "advertising") all over them! Only the word "front" stenciled in small letters to denote which end is which.<p>I chose the NOAH material, the latest material by Kimberly-Clark. It is lighter than the Evolution 4, yet protects just as well. It only comes in gray, but that's perfect for my Titanium Silver "M coupe"! Cost for the custom fit cover was $149. Fits nicely, although the mirror pockets are little too large; probably done that way to make installation easier. I highly recommend this cover and the folks at AUTOXTRA. (No ... I don't work for 'em!)

Salil Saxena
06-02-1999, 01:06 AM
<i>: Does anyone out there have a car cover for an ///M coupe? If so, do you like it? Where did you get it? How much? Thanks in advance.<br></i><p>I have the BMW car cover for my M Coupe and its made of the Noha fabric. I think it was around $200.<p>Salil Saxena<br>(US prod. #980, Cosmos/Kyalami #17 M Coupe)

tex
06-02-1999, 02:43 PM
I have a custom cover by Coverking for my 2.8 Coupe. It is made out of DuPont Tyvek Plus, which is the thin white material used in FedEx envelopes bonded to a cotton inner layer. In choosing the fabric, I reasoned that in California the main enemy is the sun and that I wanted something a bit lighter weight than the Evolution 4 cover I have for our old 325iX. In general, my objectives were met- it reflects even more sun than gray Evo4 because it is bright white (so bright my eyes hurt when putting it on in the sun) and when folded it takes less trunk space. Drawbacks for this particular cover are that the fit is rather tight, especially around the mirrors. I think the lighter materials have to be tighter to avoid being blown off by wind, but I do worry that the elastic band will eventually give some scratches in the areas you have to drag it over, like the rear fender tops. The gray cotton inner surface was also initially not very soft, but it seems to be getting better. <p>Coverking does not sell direct but instead markets through selected companies. I had some problems because I first ordered through Revolution Motor Sport, but then they dropped off the face of the earth and never sent my order in or charged me. I eventually ordered through The Wax Depot, and they were really nice, but the first cover I got was Tyvek instead of Tyvek plus. They replaced it without hassle. They are at www.coverking.com, but I might just get the BMW Noah cover if I had to do it again.<p>Tex 2.8 Coupe Bos. Green/Walnut<p><i>: Does anyone out there have a car cover for an ///M coupe? If so, do you like it? Where did you get it? How much? Thanks in advance.<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index