Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying a Z8

Joe
01-31-2000, 11:50 AM
Has anybody driven the Z8 yet? What was your first impression? I am thinking about buying a Z8 or a Ferrari. TIA!

Bruce
01-31-2000, 02:32 PM
<i>: Has anybody driven the Z8 yet? What was your first impression? I am thinking about buying a Z8 or a Ferrari. TIA!</i><p>You are not going to find anyboy outside BMW employees that have driven the Z8 yet. Hell, the date the first ones will be showing up at the dealers is unclear.<p>IMO, the Z8 is highly overpriced (as much as I love it). I would get a 996 turbo or a Ferrari (either a new 360 or a used 355) for around the same ballpark.

Baer
02-01-2000, 12:24 AM
<i>: : </i>

vertigo
02-01-2000, 01:02 AM
<i>: : : <p></i>

collector car? (nt) Glenn
02-01-2000, 12:25 PM
<i>: : Has anybody driven the Z8 yet? What was your first impression? I am thinking about buying a Z8 or a Ferrari. TIA!<p>: You are not going to find anyboy outside BMW employees that have driven the Z8 yet. Hell, the date the first ones will be showing up at the dealers is unclear.<p>: IMO, the Z8 is highly overpriced (as much as I love it). I would get a 996 turbo or a Ferrari (either a new 360 or a used 355) for around the same ballpark.<p></i>

is overpriced ...;-( ...BimZ3
02-01-2000, 06:20 PM
<i>: : Has anybody driven the Z8 yet? What was your first impression? I am thinking about buying a Z8 or a Ferrari. TIA!<p>: You are not going to find anyboy outside BMW employees that have driven the Z8 yet. Hell, the date the first ones will be showing up at the dealers is unclear.<p>: IMO, the Z8 is highly overpriced (as much as I love it). I would get a 996 turbo or a Ferrari (either a new 360 or a used 355) for around the same ballpark.<p></i>

Bruce
02-01-2000, 06:35 PM
I really have no idea. I think we might get a good barometer of potential after they are out a year and we can see what they go for on the used market. It also depends on the total run of Z8s imported too.<p>Ask me an easy question. LOL

Rick Kim
02-03-2000, 02:23 PM

:P (nt)Simon
02-04-2000, 05:19 AM

Simon
02-04-2000, 05:25 AM
great ratings for z8... using an aluminum space frame & being a convertible.. it's already heavier than the STEEL porsche 996 Turbo... This may be more show then a "go" car unfortunately...<p>Well IMHO weight is an important factor for a sport car... (horse power another factor) especially when they are similarly priced I would just go for the Turbo if one is gonna go tracking instead of grand touring...<p>Simon 99 Mcouper.

355 spider killa
02-17-2000, 06:50 PM
<i>: Has anybody driven the Z8 yet? What was your first impression? I am thinking about buying a Z8 or a Ferrari. TIA!<p></i>Hey good luck finding one now that is still avalable...If your not on the mailing list your screwed

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index