Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on value

Steve
02-03-2000, 11:29 PM
Reading thru some messages I came up with another perspective that may not have been looks over yet. Let's put the cost aside for now because we can all (even you Mr. Gates) agree that $130,000 for an automobile is expensive - a luxury to say the least. Now, let's consider the other options in this ballpark. The Mercedes-Benz SL series is in the $85-130k range (SL500-600). The Ferrari 360 Modena goes for around $145k if I recall.<br>In my humble opinion, after looking at this from a laid back, unbiased point of view (hell I'm not gonna have any of these any time soon so what's it matter)... I think that the Z8 is an exotic car. The formal definition may differ from what the Z8 entails but it's not a normal production car at all. $128k is overpriced? Too bad. You don't like it's looks? That's fine. You have not and will not ever see one in person? Wouldn't surprise me at all...<br>I personally can't wait to see what happens - it's something special when even Bruce can't forecast what's in the future!<p>Bored and long-winded 'cause my car's outta commission,<br>Steve<br>'87 325iS

Bruce
02-04-2000, 12:46 AM
<i>:I personally can't wait to see what happens - it's something special when even Bruce can't forecast what's in the future!</i><p>My crystal ball is growing cloudy if you knwo what I mean. But there is a chance it might become clear again, will have to wait and see.

status Dun think so (nt) Simon
02-04-2000, 05:28 AM
<i>: Reading thru some messages I came up with another perspective that may not have been looks over yet. Let's put the cost aside for now because we can all (even you Mr. Gates) agree that $130,000 for an automobile is expensive - a luxury to say the least. Now, let's consider the other options in this ballpark. The Mercedes-Benz SL series is in the $85-130k range (SL500-600). The Ferrari 360 Modena goes for around $145k if I recall.<br>: In my humble opinion, after looking at this from a laid back, unbiased point of view (hell I'm not gonna have any of these any time soon so what's it matter)... I think that the Z8 is an exotic car. The formal definition may differ from what the Z8 entails but it's not a normal production car at all. $128k is overpriced? Too bad. You don't like it's looks? That's fine. You have not and will not ever see one in person? Wouldn't surprise me at all...<br>: I personally can't wait to see what happens - it's something special when even Bruce can't forecast what's in the future!<p>: Bored and long-winded 'cause my car's outta commission,<br>: Steve<br>: '87 325iS<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index