Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 3 Z8's spotted in formation in SoCal today...

Jason H
02-23-2000, 06:36 PM
In Moorpark, about an hour north of LA, on the road to<br>Fillmore. A red one followed by a silver followed by a<br>328i full of suits followed by a blue one. All had euro<br>plates. All had the tops up because of the weather <br>today. The lines indicate that a coupe would look <br>fantastic. What a great moment, it took a second to <br>realize what I was looking at. Absolutely SWEET! Makes<br>that 1/2 hour I spent this morning following a <br>550 Maranello seem like nothing.

Roy
02-24-2000, 11:45 PM
Those Z8s were part of the contingent of Z8s that were driven by the press as part of the their U.S. launch. The launch was held at Designworks USA in Newbury Park (near Moorpark) in Califonia. Designworks is headed by Heinrich Heitmann, the designer of the Z8. How do I know all this? Being a designer, I was a last minute invitee. I toured the facility as well as enjoyed driving the Z8!!! It was great being able to talk to Heinrich. He was especially proud of how the engineers were able to work around "his design" of allowing the rear valence to tightly wrap around the Z8's tail pipes. Little details like this makes this car very interesting. But it's performance is where it really shines. The M5's engine rumble is a sound to behold. Though I really like this car, my order is in for an M5.

Jay Needs A Life
02-25-2000, 06:45 PM
<i>: In Moorpark, about an hour north of LA, on the road to<br>: Fillmore. A red one followed by a silver followed by a<br>: 328i full of suits followed by a blue one. All had euro<br>: plates. All had the tops up because of the weather <br>: today. The lines indicate that a coupe would look <br>: fantastic. What a great moment, it took a second to <br>: realize what I was looking at. Absolutely SWEET! Makes<br>: that 1/2 hour I spent this morning following a <br>: 550 Maranello seem like nothing.<p></i>

R. Deckard
03-01-2000, 10:46 PM
<i><br></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index