Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Max Power
02-25-2000, 02:22 AM
Hey all,<p>Lemme just start off by saying that the Z8 looks great...I love it and am sure it's gonna be a great car.<p>HOWEVER...from the things I have heard it is going to be in the price range of Ferrari's and other such exotics. From a performance standpoint the Z8 won't be able to compete with the likes of the 550 or 360, or of course me personal favorite...and much cheaper Dodge Viper.<p>As I understand it (I could be wrong) the Z8 is actually HEAVIER than the M5 (or maybe it was just barely lighter) in either case they were close to the same weight and the Z8 is expected to do 0-60 in the high 4's.<p>I can't wait to see what the new M3 will be able to do...that car outta smoke the M5. <p>I'll stop rambling now...getting car horny...heh.

Bruce
02-25-2000, 09:49 AM
<i>: Hey all,<p>: Lemme just start off by saying that the Z8 looks great...I love it and am sure it's gonna be a great car.<p>: HOWEVER...from the things I have heard it is going to be in the price range of Ferrari's and other such exotics. From a performance standpoint the Z8 won't be able to compete with the likes of the 550 or 360, or of course me personal favorite...and much cheaper Dodge Viper.<p>: As I understand it (I could be wrong) the Z8 is actually HEAVIER than the M5 (or maybe it was just barely lighter) in either case they were close to the same weight and the Z8 is expected to do 0-60 in the high 4's.<p>: I can't wait to see what the new M3 will be able to do...that car outta smoke the M5. <p>: I'll stop rambling now...getting car horny...heh.</i><p>BMW lists the car as weighing around 3500 pounds dry. That is anywhere from 300-500 pounds lighter than the M5.<p>BMW has tested the Z8 at 4.5 0-60 although they will probably intially release 0-60 as 5.0 or maybe a couple ticks under that.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index