Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : z8 road test?

Richard
03-01-2000, 09:52 PM
Has anyone had the opportunity to test drive the Z8? Have there been any actual road tests in US or european auto magazines? The only thing I have seen are european magazines with pictures and descriptions. How can we all pass judgement on this car without having driven it or read a complete road test?

Thomas G.
03-02-2000, 06:33 AM
<i>: Has anyone had the opportunity to test drive the Z8? </i><p>No, just sit in, no drive<p><i>: Have there been any actual road tests in US or european auto magazines?</i><p>Not really. <p><i> Only some promo tours and shows for journalists and no "road test" at all.<br>How can we all pass judgement on this car without having driven it or read a complete road test?<br></i><p>Good one ;-)

Kevin
03-02-2000, 09:16 PM
<i>: : Has anyone had the opportunity to test drive the Z8? <p>: No, just sit in, no drive<p>: : Have there been any actual road tests in US or european auto magazines?<p>: Not really. <p>: Only some promo tours and shows for journalists and no "road test" at all.<br>: How can we all pass judgement on this car without having driven it or read a complete road test?<p>: Good one ;-)<p></i>

Kevin
03-02-2000, 09:21 PM
<i>: : Has anyone had the opportunity to test drive the Z8? <p>: No, just sit in, no drive<p>: : Have there been any actual road tests in US or european auto magazines?<p>: Not really. <p>Thomas,<p>So you actually sat in one. Good for you; I'd love to. I'm not a big guy but I'm concerned it will feel claustrophobic like the Z3- too close and cramped for my taste. Is it roomier than the Z3. Also about the long hood... Did you get the sense that the hood was so long that you had no idea where the front of the car was? Just things I was wondering about.<p>Kevin<p>: Only some promo tours and shows for journalists and no "road test" at all.<br>: How can we all pass judgement on this car without having driven it or read a complete road test?<p>: Good one ;-)<p></i>

Thomas G.
03-05-2000, 03:51 AM
<i>: Is it roomier than the Z3 </i><p>Yes, a <b>lot</b>. You feel much more comfortable than in a Z3. More headroom when the top is closed, too.<p><i> Also about the long hood... Did you get the sense that the hood was so long that you had no idea where the front of the car was?</i><p>Not really <b>too</b> long. It is quite long indeed and PDC is a <b>must</b> since you only can <b>imagine</b> where the front <b>and</b> the back end of the car is. Hopefully BMW individual will be able to get me one.<p>cu, tg<br>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index