Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Thomas G.
03-18-2000, 03:46 AM
As most of you might already know, I am missing some goodies in the Z8, e.g. very strongly the PDC which really should not be a big deal. Personally I'd also choose another body color and ... even a fully automatic top (probably impossible, I know *sigh*)<br>Did anyone already get into discussions with BMW individual for any modifications?<p>cu, tg

Bruce
03-18-2000, 07:43 AM
<i>: As most of you might already know, I am missing some goodies in the Z8, e.g. very strongly the PDC which really should not be a big deal. Personally I'd also choose another body color and ... even a fully automatic top (probably impossible, I know *sigh*)<br>: Did anyone already get into discussions with BMW individual for any modifications?</i><p>somebody told me he heard somewhere that BMW expects 70% of Z8s to be ordered with Individual color options.

Thomas G.
03-18-2000, 10:57 AM
<i>: <br>: somebody told me he heard somewhere that BMW expects 70% of Z8s to be ordered with Individual color options.<br></i><p>With only 4 colours you do not have much a choice. And, additionally, it <b>would</b> be a surprise if there will not be a <b>huge</b> aftermarket for the Z8 since it lacks on equipment in many regards. My preferred colour would be cosmos black ore midnight blue.<br>However, the X5 is not available in cosmos black either... maybe at the end both will come in silver.<p>cu, tg<p>*** 740iA *** 320iAT *** ///MZ3 *** R1200C ***<br>************ Z8 & X5 on backorder ************

Z8 Bob
03-18-2000, 01:51 PM
I inquired extensively into personalized colors, etc, before i ordered mine. I was told emphatically that there would not be any special colors or options of any kind. Apparently the fact that there a many interior components painted the body color, not all of which are produced in the same plant, with roughly one car per day produced, eliminates any customization. The only option that was available when I ordered in early February and got a real production number and the VIN was a battery switch, which I am told, has since become standard.<p>BTW what is PDC?<p><i>: As most of you might already know, I am missing some goodies in the Z8, e.g. very strongly the PDC which really should not be a big deal. Personally I'd also choose another body color and ... even a fully automatic top (probably impossible, I know *sigh*)<br>: Did anyone already get into discussions with BMW individual for any modifications?<p>: cu, tg<p></i>

Thomas G.
03-19-2000, 01:32 AM
<i>: I inquired extensively into personalized colors, etc, before i ordered mine. I was told emphatically that there would not be any special colors or options of any kind. Apparently the fact that there a many interior components painted the body color, not all of which are produced in the same plant, with roughly one car per day produced, eliminates any customization. The only option that was available when I ordered in early February and got a real production number and the VIN was a battery switch, which I am told, has since become standard.<p>: BTW what is PDC?<br></i><br>Park Distance Control. Due to the fact that you can only imagine the car's front and back end it should be standard IMO.<br>BMW Individual ("dress your car") is a subsidiary of BMW specialized in customization of almost any kind, I thought they could possibly make it. See link below (only in German, sorry).<p>cu, tg

Z8 Bob
03-19-2000, 12:41 PM
<i>: : I inquired extensively into personalized colors, etc, before i ordered mine. I was told emphatically that there would not be any special colors or options of any kind. Apparently the fact that there a many interior components painted the body color, not all of which are produced in the same plant, with roughly one car per day produced, eliminates any customization. The only option that was available when I ordered in early February and got a real production number and the VIN was a battery switch, which I am told, has since become standard.<p>: : BTW what is PDC?<br>: <br>: Park Distance Control. Due to the fact that you can only imagine the car's front and back end it should be standard IMO.<br>: BMW Individual ("dress your car") is a subsidiary of BMW specialized in customization of almost any kind, I thought they could possibly make it. See link below (only in German, sorry).<p>: cu, tg<p></i><p>I have been following this program too. The dealer maintained that this was for 7s and 5s not the Z8. The site is in english too.<p>Thanks for the PDC definition. Heinrich Fisker, the original designer, claimed they left if off because it was not compatable with the clean lines of the car. I suspect the three antenna's in the bumbers don't help either.<p>Bob<br>

Thomas G.
03-19-2000, 01:15 PM
<i>: I have been following this program too. The dealer maintained that this was for 7s and 5s not the Z8.</i><p>Wrong. <b>At least</b> it is also available for 3s and the X5. A very nice X5 "individual" was seen at the international car exhibition at Frankfurt last year.<p><i>: Thanks for the PDC definition. Heinrich Fisker, the original designer, claimed they left if off because it was not compatable with the clean lines of the car.</i><p>Hard to believe, IMO. Next week I'll make a request to my local dealer since I <b>really</b> like to have it.<p>cu, tg<p>

Z8 Bob
03-19-2000, 07:48 PM
I stand corrected on the 3. As to the X5, I would assume they have an "BMW Individual " shop here in the USA too.<p><i>: : I have been following this program too. The dealer maintained that this was for 7s and 5s not the Z8.<p>: Wrong. <b>At least</b> it is also available for 3s and the X5. A very nice X5 "individual" was seen at the international car exhibition at Frankfurt last year.<p>: : Thanks for the PDC definition. Heinrich Fisker, the original designer, claimed they left if off because it was not compatable with the clean lines of the car.<p>: Hard to believe, IMO. Next week I'll make a request to my local dealer since I <b>really</b> like to have it.<p>: cu, tg<p></i>

Thomas G.
03-20-2000, 05:16 AM
<i>: I stand corrected on the 3. As to the X5, I would assume they have an "BMW Individual " shop here in the USA too.</i><p>Ok - I must say that I am not that much involved in the 3 thing, just had in mind there had been some from "individual", but indeed was <b>much</b> more interested in the X5.<p>cu, tg

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index