Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Spencer
03-21-2000, 11:41 PM
I have heard my different stories to wheather the car will have a glass or plastic rear window on the convert top and I was wondering if anyone can tell me for sure. I sure hope it is glass because look at older miatas and how crapy the plastic looks. <p>Also, just as a curious question, has anyone heard of any tuners that might come out with Z8 performance parts. I figured if anyone does, Dinan will, and I also hear that their products dont void the warrenty which is good but I dont know how much tuning I will be doing to this beatiful piece of machinery.

Bruce
03-22-2000, 09:01 AM
<i>: I have heard my different stories to wheather the car will have a glass or plastic rear window on the convert top and I was wondering if anyone can tell me for sure. I sure hope it is glass because look at older miatas and how crapy the plastic looks. </i><p>Definitely plastic.<p><i>: Also, just as a curious question, has anyone heard of any tuners that might come out with Z8 performance parts. I figured if anyone does, Dinan will, and I also hear that their products dont void the warrenty which is good but I dont know how much tuning I will be doing to this beatiful piece of machinery.</i><p>I heard Dinan does have a Z8 on order. As far as the warranty goes...ANY US tuner (yes even Dinan) will void you warranty on any part that BMW can prove caused or contributed to your complaint. However Dinan has said they will pay for anything BMW denies warranty coverage on. If you are going to do Dinan upgrades I would find a Dinan authorized BMW dealer, then if you have a problem you can tell "Fix it I don't care if BMW or Dinan pays for it." If you are not a Dinan authorized dealer there is a chance you could go thru some headaches.

Jason L
03-22-2000, 01:35 PM
<i>top up and I think it is Glass. I am not 100% sure but I bet it's Glass from the pictures.<p><p><p><p>: I have heard my different stories to wheather the car will have a glass or plastic rear window on the convert top and I was wondering if anyone can tell me for sure. I sure hope it is glass because look at older miatas and how crapy the plastic looks. <p>: Also, just as a curious question, has anyone heard of any tuners that might come out with Z8 performance parts. I figured if anyone does, Dinan will, and I also hear that their products dont void the warrenty which is good but I dont know how much tuning I will be doing to this beatiful piece of machinery.<p></i>

Bruce
03-22-2000, 02:04 PM

GUNTHER
03-23-2000, 12:38 AM
<i>: I have heard my different stories to wheather the car will have a glass or plastic rear window on the convert top and I was wondering if anyone can tell me for sure. I sure hope it is glass because look at older miatas and how crapy the plastic looks. <p>: Also, just as a curious question, has anyone heard of any tuners that might come out with Z8 performance parts. I figured if anyone does, Dinan will, and I also hear that their products dont void the warrenty which is good but I dont know how much tuning I will be doing to this beatiful piece of machinery.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index