Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see a Blind Spot in the Photos

Spencer
03-24-2000, 01:09 AM
I must say the pics Z8 Bob put together are very nice but I was looking at the photo of the car with the hardtop from the side and I noticed that the pillar behind the shoulder of the driver is huge. I must say that is going to give the car a huge blind spot. But this shouldnt be too big of a problem considering the short length behind the driver. But I just think that looking over your shoulder to move over is going to be extinct in this car. Otherwise the car looks great!!

Z8 Bob
03-24-2000, 10:47 AM
I suspect that it will be the same issue with either the softtop too. I will post some more top "up" photos over the weekend. Now the real issue is . . . .<br>who is going to drive this car with the top up anyway??<p><i>: I must say the pics Z8 Bob put together are very nice but I was looking at the photo of the car with the hardtop from the side and I noticed that the pillar behind the shoulder of the driver is huge. I must say that is going to give the car a huge blind spot. But this shouldnt be too big of a problem considering the short length behind the driver. But I just think that looking over your shoulder to move over is going to be extinct in this car. Otherwise the car looks great!!<p></i>

Thomas G.
03-25-2000, 01:24 AM
<i>: But I just think that looking over your shoulder to move over is going to be extinct in this car. </i><p>You're right, it <b>is</b> extinct<p><i>Otherwise the car looks great!!</i><p>Well, your're right again <b>bg</b><p>cu, tg<p>

Thomas G.
03-25-2000, 01:28 AM
<i>: I suspect that it will be the same issue with either the softtop too. I will post some more top "up" photos over the weekend. Now the real issue is . . . .<br>: who is going to drive this car with the top up anyway??<br></i><p><b>I do</b>, since I live in Germany and not in FL or CA and we do not have that much sun over here.<br>And... on the autobahn at 120mph or more you better close the top or your briefcase will be gone in seconds<b>g</b><p>cu, tg

Z8 Bob
03-25-2000, 08:56 AM
<i>: : I suspect that it will be the same issue with either the softtop too. I will post some more top "up" photos over the weekend. Now the real issue is . . . .<br>: : who is going to drive this car with the top up anyway??<p>: <b>I do</b>, since I live in Germany and not in FL or CA and we do not have that much sun over here.<br>: And... on the autobahn at 120mph or more you better close the top or your briefcase will be gone in seconds<b>g</b><p><p><br>Of course I was making a "little" joke since parts of the US are every bit as inclement as Deutschland. As to travel at speed, though illegal in most states, given the size of this country and our rather large open spaces, particularly in the Western half of the country, there have been drivers who have been known to “open it up” and cruse at Autobahn speeds. I have an M Roadster and try never to put the top up. Have the open car at speed is a BIG part of my fun. It the Z8 were not an open roadster, I would not be a buyer. <p>Now a cabriolet M5 would be interesting! <p>CA USA Bob<p>P.S. I have posted a few High Res Photos<p>: cu, tg<p></i>

Thomas G.
03-25-2000, 01:30 PM
<i> <br>I have an M Roadster and try never to put the top up. Have the open car at speed is a BIG part of my fun. </i><p>So do I with mine (boston green BTW) <b>g</b><p><i> It the Z8 were not an open roadster, I would not be a buyer. </i><p>ACK, 100%. For smooth and relaxing trips I prefer my 740<p><i> Now a cabriolet M5 would be interesting! </i><p>Yep, let's wait for the new 6 cabriolet 2+2 which most possibly will come on a 5 basis and hopefully with the M5 engine.<p>cu, tg<br>

Z8 Bob
03-26-2000, 10:56 AM
<i>: <br>: I have an M Roadster and try never to put the top up. Have the open car at speed is a BIG part of my fun. <p>: So do I with mine (boston green BTW) <b>g</b><br>Estoril Blue/Blue/Blue<p>: It the Z8 were not an open roadster, I would not be a buyer. <p>: ACK, 100%. For smooth and relaxing trips I prefer my 740<br>Me too, (Artic Silver/Grey) a 200 Mile trip in the roadster pounds a lot out of you. The 7 is no more tiring than reading a book in your living room chair. My wife has a 540iT (black/tan) which she won't let anyone touch, including the guys who try and race her. <p>: Now a cabriolet M5 would be interesting! <p>: Yep, let's wait for the new 6 cabriolet 2+2 which most possibly will come on a 5 basis and hopefully with the M5 engine.<p>: cu, tg<p></i><p>"new 6 cabriolet 2+2" In Europe only? You now have my curiosity going.<p>B

Thomas G.
03-27-2000, 07:14 AM
<i>: Estoril Blue/Blue/Blue</i><p>Ok: Boston Breen/Black/Grey&Black, member of the <a href="http://www.www.z3world.com">Z3 World Registry</a> - you may try to find it there <b>g</b><p><i>My wife has a 540iT (black/tan) </i><p>Great car! My wife has a 320iT (silver/black). "Formally" the roadster had been a gift to her birthday last year (ok, came a little earlier when it was my birthday <b>vbg</b>) and she really enjoys it as much as I do. "Wow, there's really happening something..."<br>The 320 will be replaced in a couple of months by the X5 (4.4, silver/black). My wife <b>and</b> our kids are desperately awaiting this - as my kids call it - "monster truck".<p><i>: "new 6 cabriolet 2+2" In Europe only? You now have my curiosity going.</i><p>I don't think it is "Europe only", just try the link and have a first look. There is no final confirmation of when it will come, and due to the Rover problems it will even take a little longer, but afaik the decision to have a new 6 is made.<p>cu, tg

//AAndy
03-28-2000, 02:14 PM
Do the following.<p>1. Look next to you.<br>2. If there is something there, floor it for a few seconds.<br>3. Move over gracefully, since nothing could possibly still be next to you.<p>See? Easy!<p>Andy

Z8 Bob
03-28-2000, 05:45 PM
<i>: Do the following.<p>: 1. Look next to you.<br>: 2. If there is something there, floor it for a few seconds.<br>: 3. Move over gracefully, since nothing could possibly still be next to you.<p>: See? Easy!<p>: Andy<p><p><br>I can't wait but I think I willwatch out for:<br>Ferrari 360s<br>996 turbos and especially<br>Lamborghini Diablo GTs

Glenn
03-29-2000, 05:55 PM
<i>: : <br>: : I have an M Roadster and try never to put the top up. Have the open car at speed is a BIG part of my fun. <p>: : So do I with mine (boston green BTW) <b>g</b><br>: Estoril Blue/Blue/Blue<p>So do I: '98 M Silver/Black<p>: : It the Z8 were not an open roadster, I would not be a buyer. <p>: : ACK, 100%. For smooth and relaxing trips I prefer my 740<br>: Me too, (Artic Silver/Grey) a 200 Mile trip in the roadster pounds a lot out of you. The 7 is no more tiring than reading a book in your living room chair. My wife has a 540iT (black/tan) which she won't let anyone touch, including the guys who try and race her. <p>Me three (grin) 740i .. wife and I just got back from driving from Vegas to Virginia. Great comfortable drive :)<p>: : Now a cabriolet M5 would be interesting! <p>: : Yep, let's wait for the new 6 cabriolet 2+2 which most possibly will come on a 5 basis and hopefully with the M5 engine.<p>: : cu, tg<p><br>: "new 6 cabriolet 2+2" In Europe only? You now have my curiosity going.<p>: B<p><br></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index