Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Buying & Pricing

Z8 Bob
04-13-2000, 05:45 PM
“Gouging” is such a negative word, best applied to people to charge $2 a gallon for drinking water after a natural disaster. No one is forced to buy a Z8 or any other car make or model for that matter<p>The price of all goods and services is a function of the market place, at least in this country. The Z8 is in short supply, and from all indications, will remain so. In spite of the detractors, there are more buyers for this car than there will ever likely be production.<p>Dealers in California are paying dealers in other states well over MSRP for cars, because they have sold, or believe the will sell, their entire three year allotment. Good old Capitalism at work. We rarely hear of gouging when the customer “puts it to” the dealer and can get a car below the dealer cost. It is all a function of the market. <p>As has been said before on this board, the is very little intrinsic value in crystallized carbon, but if it is big enough, and clear enough, people will pay a fortune for one that could get stuck in the Z8’s treads.<p>I personally know of one California dealer (their allotment from BMW for the entire three year production run is 9) who has bought 3 additional cars from out-of-state dealers for $25/$35/$35K over MSRP. Dealers know their market. Why would a dealer pay that kind of money if they could not resell it at a profit? If the dealers in PA are selling below $35,000 over MSRP, I know a dealer who will buy all they have.<p>Only 375 cars will come into the US this year. Few more than that for each of the following two years and then no more, if BMW keeps their word. What do you think the price will do when the last one is sold????<p>There were only 252 507s built, try buying one of those.<br>

Thomas G.
04-16-2000, 01:29 AM
<i>: <br>: Only 375 cars will come into the US this year. Few more than that for each of the following two years and then no more, if BMW keeps their word. What do you think the price will do when the last one is sold????<br></i><p>Just lean back, wait and see. Actually, I would not rely on <b>anything</b> the marketing guys of BMW are telling us.<p>cu, tg

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index