Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Curious... how on EARTH could you justify $130k+

on a non-V12 BMW? - PeterM3
05-04-2000, 11:31 AM
Are most Z8 owners-to be diehard BMW<br>enthusiasts like many of us E36 M3'ers?<br>Or are Z8 owners-to-be like many Ferrari<br>buyers: people with lots of $$$, made<br>mainly from the market and/or internet<br>IPO's, who want to look good and be able<br>to say that they drive a Ferrari?<p><i><br></i>

Z8 Bob
05-04-2000, 02:40 PM
<<br></i>

PeteS
05-04-2000, 03:19 PM
I'd say most M3 fans are just that, M3 fans, and not general BMW fans.<p>Also, who cares what the buyer's motives are. You make sound as thought it is "bad" to be rich and want to look good? Some people like that. So what?<p>A lot of BMW owners just want to look good too. Most of them drive 3 series cars.<p>Personally, I buy each car based on what it does for me:<p>98 New Beetle - because it makes me smile every time I look at it<br>99 M3 - I like the handling and overall balance better than any other car for the price<p>To each his own.<p><br><i>: Are most Z8 owners-to be diehard BMW<br>: enthusiasts like many of us E36 M3'ers?<br>: Or are Z8 owners-to-be like many Ferrari<br>: buyers: people with lots of $$$, made<br>: mainly from the market and/or internet<br>: IPO's, who want to look good and be able<br>: to say that they drive a Ferrari?<p><br></i>

Chris
05-04-2000, 08:02 PM
I'm sure there some of both. I am a diehard Bimmer enthusiast, so I am getting the car, because it is supposed to be one of the most incredible cars ever created. I can't wait. Like I said a couple of weeks ago, the only reason I would ever sell my Z8, would be because I can get a much higer resale on it, or I might think the E46 M3 convertible is almost as good to justify selling the Z8. I have an E36 M3 Convertible right now, and don't know of a better convertible on the market. I've had plenty of different makes of cars, but BMW's just seem to drive the best. They are in fact The Ultimate Driving Machine. That's why I am getting the Z8.<p><i>: Are most Z8 owners-to be diehard BMW<br>: enthusiasts like many of us E36 M3'ers?<br>: Or are Z8 owners-to-be like many Ferrari<br>: buyers: people with lots of $$$, made<br>: mainly from the market and/or internet<br>: IPO's, who want to look good and be able<br>: to say that they drive a Ferrari?<p><br></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index