Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Any difference between US and non-US versions? (m)

Lorenz
06-03-2000, 07:11 AM
<br>Many (all?) of BMW's cars have at least slight differences between the US and non-US versions. For example, the E46 328i is electronically limited to 127 mph top speed in the US, and the E39 M5 has different brakes in the US, etc. etc.<p>Does anyone know if there are <strong>any</strong> differences between US and non-US versions of the Z8? With such incredibly small production volumes, it is hard to imagine differences, except maybe the metric vs. imperial measurements (km/miles), etc...?<p>Lorenz<br>

Z8 Bob
06-04-2000, 12:01 AM
As far as I know the differences that I have seen are the rear bumper, which has a different cutout for the US std license and the DOT has required front marker lights that will adorne (IMHO)another wise perfect bumper. <p>Perhaps others will have more. <p>Bob<p><i>: <br>: Many (all?) of BMW's cars have at least slight differences between the US and non-US versions. For example, the E46 328i is electronically limited to 127 mph top speed in the US, and the E39 M5 has different brakes in the US, etc. etc.<p>: Does anyone know if there are <strong>any</strong> differences between US and non-US versions of the Z8? With such incredibly small production volumes, it is hard to imagine differences, except maybe the metric vs. imperial measurements (km/miles), etc...?<p>: Lorenz<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index