Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Went to Ferrari dealer...(more)

Alan
06-26-2000, 05:32 PM
The Z8 is a very special car but after looking at the Modena I must say the Z8 might be overpriced.<br>Interior and transmission (F1 based shifts ..etc) of the Modena are 10 leagues above the Z8. Exterior looks are based on taste, so I am not discussing the looks.<br>But if BMW things they have build a high-tech machine they need to go and talk to Ferrari.<br>Both have 400bhp but the high-tech transmission alone in the Modena makes it way more desirable than the conservative 6 speed of the Z8. <br>Just a small observation...not making the Z8 bad just looking at that price-range...there are very good cars out there with high-tech you would expect from BMW. <br>The best thing about the Z8 is going to be the engine but the rest is no comparison to other sport cars in that price range especially the Modena.<br>Alan<p>

Simon
06-26-2000, 06:02 PM
The 360 Spyder (!!) which is a gorgeous car! The integration into the spyder is just seamless and it's the best lookN ferrari by far.<p>The Z8 is more aimed at elegance IHO... The performance is definitely there... but I feel as though I need a suit to drive that car :P T-shirt in that car just won't do!!!!<p>SImon.

///AustinL
06-27-2000, 01:51 PM
eom.<p>///AustinL<br>'00 MZ3

just me
06-28-2000, 11:45 PM
and buying his son an M roadster? (after buying a Bond Z3 and not driving it for a few years til his son got his driver's license)

Jim
06-29-2000, 12:19 PM
<i>: The Z8 is a very special car but after looking at the Modena I must say the Z8 might be overpriced.<br>: Interior and transmission (F1 based shifts ..etc) of the Modena are 10 leagues above the Z8. Exterior looks are based on taste, so I am not discussing the looks.<br>: But if BMW things they have build a high-tech machine they need to go and talk to Ferrari.<br>: Both have 400bhp but the high-tech transmission alone in the Modena makes it way more desirable than the conservative 6 speed of the Z8. <br>: Just a small observation...not making the Z8 bad just looking at that price-range...there are very good cars out there with high-tech you would expect from BMW. <br>: The best thing about the Z8 is going to be the engine but the rest is no comparison to other sport cars in that price range especially the Modena.<br>: Alan<p></i>

Jim
06-29-2000, 12:29 PM
Yes, but the Ferari is built in ITALY compared to the BMW being built in GERMANY. Italians are superb engine craftsman, but their knowledge of ride/cabin physics is somewhat lacking in my opinion. What the difference here is taste. I have always had a problem with the Ferari's in the same way that I have had a problem with the Corvettes and Vipers. They look "cartoonish" to me. (Once again, purely my opinion.) BMW's exhibit performance and are an "understated but sophisticated" design. <p>Jim Surdick<br>'92 Laguna Green 850i 6spd (The same Getrag 6 --unsophisticated by your standards-- that was fitted to the 600+ hp British Lister Storm).<p><p><i>: The Z8 is a very special car but after looking at the Modena I must say the Z8 might be overpriced.<br>: Interior and transmission (F1 based shifts ..etc) of the Modena are 10 leagues above the Z8. Exterior looks are based on taste, so I am not discussing the looks.<br>: But if BMW things they have build a high-tech machine they need to go and talk to Ferrari.<br>: Both have 400bhp but the high-tech transmission alone in the Modena makes it way more desirable than the conservative 6 speed of the Z8. <br>: Just a small observation...not making the Z8 bad just looking at that price-range...there are very good cars out there with high-tech you would expect from BMW. <br>: The best thing about the Z8 is going to be the engine but the rest is no comparison to other sport cars in that price range especially the Modena.<br>: Alan<p></i>

Jim
06-29-2000, 12:31 PM
<i><br></i>

Jim
06-29-2000, 12:40 PM
<i>If the minister statement is true I have a thought on the subject (big surprise). Surely Jesus would have driven a BMW or Ferrari if it were available, right? Oops, sorry, I forgot--I guess he could have had a gold-gilded chariot or a huge Parthenon type home. I always thought that the Church was supposed to take the money and help the poor. I guess minister's consider themselves poor if they don't have a Bimmer or Ferrari?!?! Be discerning of where and to whom you contribute your hard-earned money. Special Olympics are good, educational foreign ministry is good. Big, overbloated, money-machine churches bad.<p>Jim Surdick<br>'92 Laguna Green 850i 6spd<br></i>

Jim
06-29-2000, 12:40 PM
If the minister statement is true I have a thought on the subject (big surprise). Surely Jesus would have driven a BMW or Ferrari if it were available, right? Oops, sorry, I forgot--I guess he could have had a gold-gilded chariot or a huge Parthenon type home. I always thought that the Church was supposed to take the money and help the poor. I guess minister's consider themselves poor if they don't have a Bimmer or Ferrari?!?! Be discerning of where and to whom you contribute your hard-earned money. Special Olympics are good, educational foreign ministry is good. Big, overbloated, money-machine churches bad.<p>Jim Surdick<br>'92 Laguna Green 850i 6spd<br></i>

all that was needed
06-29-2000, 04:22 PM
<i>: If the minister statement is true I have a thought on the subject (big surprise). Surely Jesus would have driven a BMW or Ferrari if it were available, right? Oops, sorry, I forgot--I guess he could have had a gold-gilded chariot or a huge Parthenon type home. I always thought that the Church was supposed to take the money and help the poor. I guess minister's consider themselves poor if they don't have a Bimmer or Ferrari?!?! Be discerning of where and to whom you contribute your hard-earned money. Special Olympics are good, educational foreign ministry is good. Big, overbloated, money-machine churches bad.<p>: Jim Surdick<br>: '92 Laguna Green 850i 6spd<p></i>

///AustinL
06-29-2000, 06:59 PM
Since 1984, the church has give over $4,000,000.00 away into missions. My father is blessed because he is a giver. The money that comes into the church belongs to the church and not to a minister.

///AustinL
06-29-2000, 07:05 PM
Since 1984, the church I attend has given away over $4,000,000.00 into missions.<p>The church I attend has pioneered over 63 churches around the world.<p>We have won over 228,000 to people to a saving knowledge of Jeus Christ.<p>We are doing what the word of God says to do in Mark 16.<p>Austin.

Curious
06-29-2000, 07:17 PM
<i>: I don't believe that answers the question, though. How exactly does a leader of an organization whose stated mission is helping the poor and needy justify the expense of high end sports cars?

pussy-matic transmission!--dan
06-29-2000, 11:34 PM
<i>: The Z8 is a very special car but after looking at the Modena I must say the Z8 might be overpriced.<br>: Interior and transmission (F1 based shifts ..etc) of the Modena are 10 leagues above the Z8. Exterior looks are based on taste, so I am not discussing the looks.<br>: But if BMW things they have build a high-tech machine they need to go and talk to Ferrari.<br>: Both have 400bhp but the high-tech transmission alone in the Modena makes it way more desirable than the conservative 6 speed of the Z8. <br>: Just a small observation...not making the Z8 bad just looking at that price-range...there are very good cars out there with high-tech you would expect from BMW. <br>: The best thing about the Z8 is going to be the engine but the rest is no comparison to other sport cars in that price range especially the Modena.<br>: Alan<p></i>

///AustinL
06-29-2000, 11:55 PM
Why can't a minister drive a high end sports car?<p>Do you have a problem with a minister or anybody for that matter saving up his money to buy something that he likes?<p>Some people like different things. If someone likes cars then what is wrong with that?<p>My dad was kicked out by his parents when he was a teenager because he wanted to go into the ministry. He started with nothing. He has made it his life to give to other people. If someone becomes blessed because they have made it their life objective to give to people then what is wrong with that?<p>My parents have personaly given over $200,000.00 of their own money to help people all around the world.<p>If my parents are blessed because they give into other peoples lives then nothing is wrong with that.<p>Also, why no email address?<p>Austin.

Just me
06-30-2000, 12:38 AM
<i>: Why can't a minister drive a high end sports car?<p>: Do you have a problem with a minister or anybody for that matter saving up his money to buy something that he likes?<p>: Some people like different things. If someone likes cars then what is wrong with that?</i><p>Hey if the money didn't come from the church, more power to him, but if it did that is just plain WRONG. <p><i>: My dad was kicked out by his parents when he was a teenager because he wanted to go into the ministry. He started with nothing. He has made it his life to give to other people. If someone becomes blessed because they have made it their life objective to give to people then what is wrong with that?</i><p>Nice sob story.<p><i>: My parents have personaly given over $200,000.00 of their own money to help people all around the world. <p>: If my parents are blessed because they give into other peoples lives then nothing is wrong with that.</i><p>"their money"? hmmm if it comes from the church then that money they a giving is actually the churches money in the is first place and not really your parents.<p><i>: Also, why no email address?</i><p>[email protected]

DC
06-30-2000, 12:53 AM
Mark 16 says to drive a BMW Z8?<p>What bible do you read?<p>What church is this....C&MA? <p>Do the people in the congregation know about this? <p>I'd love to be a fly on the Pearly Gates when someone tries to explain THIS one!<p>Those 228,000 people would show up on your doorstep with torches if they knew about this car..

///AustinL
06-30-2000, 07:49 AM
The money didn't come from the church. That's the bottom line. <p>Austin,<p>Hope that clears everything up for you.

Alan
06-30-2000, 09:36 AM
I don't know DC...I might have to disagree on this one. All of us are driving nice cars when we could be giving more money to churches, charities, poor, etc. Just because his dad's occupation is a minister doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to spend whatever his salary is on whatever he wants. Also, who is to say that besides being a minister, he isn't making some money on the side in the stock market or something.<p>No one complains about the amount of money spent on the Vatican, so I'm not going to complain about Austin's dad.<p>(Now can I have a ride in your dad's Z8, Austin? :)<p><br>--Alan

DC from Cape Cod
06-30-2000, 09:43 AM
The only thing that I am convinced of is that I never should have gotten involved in this thread.<p>(grin)<p>That, and the fact that it really is none of my business (aside from the fact that it is being discussed openly on this forum) what he drives.<p>DC - (going back to the other board where he should have stayed in the first place).

so live with it. (eom)
07-07-2000, 01:43 AM
<i>: The only thing that I am convinced of is that I never should have gotten involved in this thread.<p>: (grin)<p>: That, and the fact that it really is none of my business (aside from the fact that it is being discussed openly on this forum) what he drives.<p>: DC - (going back to the other board where he should have stayed in the first place).<p></i>

DC from Cape Cod
07-07-2000, 10:41 PM
<i>: : The only thing that I am convinced of is that I never should have gotten involved in this thread.<p>: : (grin)<p>: : That, and the fact that it really is none of my business (aside from the fact that it is being discussed openly on this forum) what he drives.<p>: : DC - (going back to the other board where he should have stayed in the first place).<p></i>

Zarathustra
07-09-2000, 01:57 AM
Sounds like more like a pyramid scheme to me. Another fleecing of the taxpayers as this is a tax-exempt organization. I have to admit it is quite a scam if you can get in on it. Sounds like the only thing you have won over is their cash flow.<p>What was that about false prophets??<p><br><i>: Since 1984, the church I attend has given away over $4,000,000.00 into missions.<p>: The church I attend has pioneered over 63 churches around the world.<p>: We have won over 228,000 to people to a saving knowledge of Jeus Christ.<p>: We are doing what the word of God says to do in Mark 16.<p>: Austin.<p></i>

Zarathustra
07-09-2000, 02:00 AM
<i>: The money didn't come from the church. That's the bottom line. <p>: Austin,<p>: Hope that clears everything up for you.<p></i>

with a separate automatic mode
07-16-2000, 10:58 PM
<i>: : The Z8 is a very special car but after looking at the Modena I must say the Z8 might be overpriced.<br>: : Interior and transmission (F1 based shifts ..etc) of the Modena are 10 leagues above the Z8. Exterior looks are based on taste, so I am not discussing the looks.<br>: : But if BMW things they have build a high-tech machine they need to go and talk to Ferrari.<br>: : Both have 400bhp but the high-tech transmission alone in the Modena makes it way more desirable than the conservative 6 speed of the Z8. <br>: : Just a small observation...not making the Z8 bad just looking at that price-range...there are very good cars out there with high-tech you would expect from BMW. <br>: : The best thing about the Z8 is going to be the engine but the rest is no comparison to other sport cars in that price range especially the Modena.<br>: : Alan<p><br></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index