Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Holding up the East Coast?

Paul P
07-13-2000, 10:03 PM
Why hold up the East coast deliveries? I'm on the West coast and see no reason to hold up other enthusiasts from getting their cars as soon as possible. I hope mine doesn't get held up for similiarly petty reasons.

Z8 Bob
07-14-2000, 11:03 AM
that the holdup is purely political. There are several large dealers on the West and East coasts that do not have a car in the US yet. Like Richard in Chicago, I know my car is here, I want it, but another two weeks, after over a year of waiting, ain't gonna kill anyone.<p>Bob

is a problem with the cars-Lucky knows..
07-14-2000, 10:39 PM
<br>: that the holdup is purely political. There are several large dealers on the West and East coasts that do not have a car in the US yet. Like Richard in Chicago, I know my car is here, I want it, but another two weeks, after over a year of waiting, ain't gonna kill anyone.<p>: Bob<p>

Z8 Bob
07-15-2000, 08:53 AM
<p><br>If you have facts, give your source and your handle, otherwise you are just another BS’er with nothing worthwhile so say.<br>

Informed Source
07-15-2000, 09:00 AM
<i>: <br>: : that the holdup is purely political. There are several large dealers on the West and East coasts that do not have a car in the US yet. Like Richard in Chicago, I know my car is here, I want it, but another two weeks, after over a year of waiting, ain't gonna kill anyone.<p>: : Bob<p></i>One problem involves a totally cosmetic issue that BMW wants dealt with before the Z8s are in service. Nothing to do with paint. The other is a non-safety related review/change/refinement to the rear brakes. Only after all planned refinements have been made will the cars be released to dealers.

(nt) Informed Source
07-15-2000, 09:04 AM
<i><p><br>If you have facts, give your source and your handle, otherwise you are just another BS’er with nothing worthwhile so say.<p></i><br>

Z8 Bob
07-15-2000, 03:57 PM
Figures! Nothing there!

Informed Source
07-15-2000, 11:00 PM
<p></i>For the benefit of the others on the board, please confirm you received the email.<br>

Z8 Bob
07-15-2000, 11:14 PM
M5 - got it.

Alan
07-16-2000, 12:25 AM
<font color="gray">One problem involves a totally cosmetic issue that BMW wants dealt with before the Z8s are in service. Nothing to do with paint. The other is a non-safety related review/change/refinement to the rear brakes. Only after all planned refinements have been made will the cars be released to dealers.</font><p>If you don't mind, I (and probably others reading here) would appreciate it if you could post exactly what the problems are that are causing the holdup, and also an explanation or guess at why these problems haven't stopped the first deliveries in Europe.<p><br>--Alan<br>

hold up is.Evan...(more)
07-17-2000, 01:43 AM
<i>: Why hold up the East coast deliveries? I'm on the West coast and see no reason to hold up other enthusiasts from getting their cars as soon as possible. I hope mine doesn't get held up for similiarly petty reasons.<p></i>From what I understand,(I got this all from BMW NA) the problem is related to USA 5mph bumper saftey crash issues. The Z8's that have hit the East coast are being held at the VPC's because they need to intall two little foam squares behind the bumper mounts, that BMW Ag for got to put in the cars. So the "hold up" is the manufactor of the foam bumper thingy's are lagging or did lag and now is finnaly sending them out now. The West coast cars are still on the water and the hold up at the West Coast VPC's should not be of any consiquence. That is all it is, a safety issue.

Z8 Waiter
07-17-2000, 01:03 PM
Only speculation, but this sounds alot like the 996tt issue - cars held up mysteriously at the port and then finally released with the small bumperettes on the front of the car to meet DOT regulations. Where you may be wrong is that the small pieces of foam are not behind the bumper, but ON the bumper. Anybody know what's really going on?

hold up is.Evan...
07-17-2000, 06:45 PM
<br></i><br>

WAM
07-17-2000, 08:52 PM
I wonder if in the event of a high speed impact would the "bumper warts" actually cause more damage by focusing the impact on a smaller area.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index